Walking

Lets say, I made a model in blender. This model had ground, and 2 houses that had stairs and rooms.

How would I make a walking system that would walk into the houses correctly, and go up the stairs/rooms?

A detailed explanation would be vedy nyce.

Sounds like you're looking for pathfinding, look it up online, there are a lot of tutorials and resources about it.

Momoko_Fan said:

Sounds like you're looking for pathfinding, look it up online, there are a lot of tutorials and resources about it.

Would path finding include the W, A, S, D keys? Or clicking with the mouse?

that is something you would implement. you decide if the user is going to use wasd, mouse or possibly both.

but yea, a lot of it is already online and well documented.

When you said walking system I understood it as in it was automatic, like you would have a person who would automatically be able to get to the second floor of the house if you so choose, like an AI entity.

If you're doing walking with WASD, you don't need pathfinding, you need collision detection and handling. If you're doing walking with the mouse, you need pathfinding and not collision detection/handling.

You could use jbullet-jme, creating PhysicsNodes with mesh collision shape and mass=0 (static) for your world objects and then using a PhysicsCharacterController to move a character with wasd in it.

normen said:

You could use jbullet-jme, creating PhysicsNodes with mesh collision shape and mass=0 (static) for your world objects and then using a PhysicsCharacterController to move a character with wasd in it.

Kk, I will start to look into this! :)