We need an awesome code name for "3.0 Stable" – what's it gonna be?

Monkeys, 3.0 Stable is practically on your doorsteps now. Only one all-important question remains; what should we call it?

All the cool projects have pet names. Android does it, Ubuntu does it and I don’t even need a 3rd because the list is already awesome.

No rules! Let’s hear’em. Bonus points if you come up with a recurring theme.

Update: Survey closed. Winner is “Capuchin Prime”!

No one has mentioned ‘bananas’ here? Oh wait, no one has commented yet.

1 Like

3.0 => Hanuman

Then you can decline next releases with any monkey name you want : gorilla, capuchin, …

1 Like

I would simply use monkey names:

Silly Baboon
Crazy Capuchin
Lazy Marmoset
Sweet Gibbon
Pleasant Howler
Angry Macaque
Sleepy Mandrill
Lucky Proboscis
Running Pygmy
Noisy Macaque
Final Vervet

1 Like

“Tested On Humans” ?

1 Like

+1 for capuchin

monyet, kera or ketek = monkey in indonesian (the language spoken on the island java :p)

@darthaffe said: monyet, kera or ketek = monkey in indonesian (the language spoken on the island java :p)
Ha ha, digging the layers.

Always had a weak spot for “capuchins” and “gibbons” though…

why not just JME3, i don’t really see any point to naming each version, it sometimes makes it confusing, for example:

bob: I have JME "someName", what version do you have?

joe: I have JME “someOtherName”… is mine better than yours???

nobody knows…

but a better situtation would be this:

bob: I have JME3, what version do you have?

joe: I have JME4, so mine is more recent.

THE END

4 Likes

This! ^ ^

It’s not because Ubuntu and Android use build monikers that it should be done here. I’m not fond of this. In a similar way it makes me think of Firefox and their stupid idea of using a major version number for every goddamn release. It just adds more confusion than anything else.

Sorry to be a party pooper, but I don’t like this idea. Just use jME3.

On the other hand, for any subrelease or milestones I wouldn’t be against the idea of using a build name, but not for a release.

I guess default version number stay’s. If it’s like ubuntu, you are still installing “Ubuntu 12.1 ‘some project code’”

I’m still fond of Planet of the Apes character names… though I guess we’d run out faster than some other approaches.

its quite cool to get codenames :stuck_out_tongue:
so lets call it bambi :smiley:

<cite>@pspeed said:</cite> I'm still fond of Planet of the Apes character names... though I guess we'd run out faster than some other approaches.

jme79: Codename “guard 3”

we could name them after “Costumes that Erlend has worn”… and then he just has to stay ahead of us.

So, JME3 “Manbug”

…has a nice ring to it. :wink:

@pspeed said: we could name them after "Costumes that Erlend has worn"... and then he just has to stay ahead of us.

So, JME3 “Manbug”

…has a nice ring to it. :wink:

I think it was a Ladybug costume… considering he was wearing lip stick.

jMonkeyEngine 3.0 “Ladybug”

@nehon said: I think it was a Ladybug costume... considering he was wearing lip stick.

jMonkeyEngine 3.0 “Ladybug”

Pretty sure he claimed to be a manbug. @erlend, what say ye?

I heard what he claimed…But I know what I saw :wink:

I think “JMonkeyEngine Potatoe” is a great code name.

GORILLA 3D