Website Redesign - Getting there?

mojomonk said:

Mambo sucks, the front page sucks. Don't worry, I'm on it. Josh and Rikard's excellent showing at JavaOne relit my fire. ;)

I'll get some things in place and then get everyone's opinion.
So, from the little there is to take from here, I gather this means you're not very pleased with Mambo, and would like to start looking for an alternate CMS? Does that mean we might get a chance to make suggestions?

mojomonk, have you "gotten some things in place" yet?  :D Sorry to be pushy about this, but a good looking and well structured website can make one hell of a big difference. In all honesty, I'd say you're loosing prospective visitors, forum participants and maybe even jME users this very second, due to the current state of your website (broken links, year old "news", no global menu or theme consistency etc.)

I must confess that my first thought was that jME is dead.

If I wasn't curious enough to wander on the forums I would already be using some other library.

So a nice working site can make a difference.

Paulo

Yes, it's getting there. :slight_smile: Getting feedback from other devs on it, and trying to get any fixes in place. We'll probably make it live shortly (I just need to figure out one more major thing).

mojomonk said:

Yes, it's getting there. :) Getting feedback from other devs on it, and trying to get any fixes in place. We'll probably make it live shortly (I just need to figure out one more major thing).
Talk about secrecy! :P

It it's ready to be put live shortly, then I'd assume you, at the very least, have previews available. I guess if you're a very efficient worker, and the new design has been built with flexibility in mind, then you might as well make it live and then get feedback from the public to see if more changes are necessary.

Anyhow, glad to hear something's actually happening. Oh and by the way, I sincerely hope a new news-article will come along with all of this, so as to rise up from the "supposedly dead" ;D

That's the plan, just put together the main idea with a web designer and then put it out so the other devs could give an idea of what they thought. Implementing their ideas, see if everyone is happy, then will make it live. We'll then take everyone's comments and do our best to make the most people happy with it. :wink:

My hope is this weekend will see the last two fixes in place and then moving it live.

mojomonk said:

That's the plan, just put together the main idea with a web designer and then put it out so the other devs could give an idea of what they thought. Implementing their ideas, see if everyone is happy, then will make it live. We'll then take everyone's comments and do our best to make the most people happy with it. ;)

My hope is this weekend will see the last two fixes in place and then moving it live.
That's great news! I hope the web designer (I thought that was you?) is ready for some idea-bombardment, unless you devs managed to read all of our minds :)

Btw, are there any kind of affiliation graphics available for jME? I was thinking about creating an Affiliates/Thanks-to section on our front page, and jME would definately find its place on top of this list ;)

Liked the new site a lot. Maybe there should be a feature list somewhere to the most tech inclined new-visitor-guys to look at.

I very much like the abundant amount of videos!

If that won't draw a crowd, I don't know what will!  XD

Creating a new thread to collect suggestions, feedback, hatemail, etc.

Where is the new thread?  I have some feedback/hatemail to send ; - )

http://www.jmonkeyengine.com/jmeforum/index.php?topic=8093.45