WIP: Cute Epic MMORPG: The lone story of a Blue Box – Contest Entry

Hm,…Competitions are quite nice! I think I want to create something quite easy. Not sure what it will be exactly!

It must be epic with lots of content, sound. Not decided if it should be multiplayer. Never used jME3 yet! But kept

starting the incredible tests since jME3 exists :smiley: It looks great and even though I do not like netbeans I will give that

incredible SDK a chance. @Normen: You are crazy, you know!? :smiley: And the blender-importer-guy as well! Everyone

would just tell “apply the funky modifier” but he is implementing this stuff like an addict :smiley: Respect to you!

Good stuff, really excited to start…,

Acutally, I am quite far already. There is a blue cube saying hello with 999fps! :smiley:

http://thomas.trocha.com/misc/start.png

Hmm,…I think I will start with sounds or maybe the title screen!? :smiley:

Ah, and people don’t take me serious! In the end I will have a boring unfinshed whatever…(I hate when the realistic

part of me takes control over the keyboard) :smiley: I wish all of us lots of fun…

5 Likes

This is going to be a close race!

But if I may make a suggestion. If you want to stand out from the crowd, I think an orange cube would give you an edge over the competition.

:wink:

1 Like

You won’t believe it! I already loaded a blender-model! :smiley: I love it! Perfect pipeline-feature as far as I tested yet!

Nice framerates you’ve got there! :wink: Good luck, you always do fun projects :slight_smile:

Note: if you update to the latest code you can get a huge speed improvement since your frames will go from 999 up to potentially 6000 depending on your graphics card. :wink: (setTimer(new NanoTimer()) will do the same thing from a stable build)

1 Like
@pspeed said:
Note: if you update to the latest code you can get a huge speed improvement since your frames will go from 999 up to potentially 6000 depending on...

YAYY!!!

Yeah, actually it got quite cold in germany! I should really kick my GPU for a while to 6000fps :smiley: and while heating the room I can throw some meat on it! :smiley:

Sry for double posting but editing didn’t work!?? So here the result for day1. Actually everyone can see the progress.

http://imgur.com/4dhWN

I morphed from a depressed blue box to a nice green blender imported plane full of hope :smiley:

Night everybody :smiley:

The edit button is further up: Make sure you have joined the group.

2 Likes

Ok, joining the group made the job! thx

O_O

Blizzard will go out of business. This is unbelievable. The landscape of MMORPG gaming is forever reinvented! :o:o:o

Have you made up any title yet? What about “The lone story of A Blue Box” :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m surprised others haven’t scrambled to make their own clones yet. “This game is completely different because it has a cowbell.”

@Momoko_Fan said:
O_O
Blizzard will go out of business. This is unbelievable. The landscape of MMORPG gaming is forever reinvented! :o:o:o

Thx! Just keep it simple, right? :D Actually the view shows the player standing in front of an transparent wall where the occlusion-culler just kicked the rest of the scene! Very efficent... :D

@iamcreasy said:
Have you made up any title yet? What about "The lone story of A Blue Box" :P

Yeah, why not! The child needs a name, right!? Hmm, but actually I want to change the art-style
a little bit. Of course I will get most of them from the internet so that looking at the credits-scroller will need about 90minutes! :D Will me quite sure that object will get more than 8 vertices quite soon ;D

@pspeed said:
I'm surprised others haven't scrambled to make their own clones yet.

Haha,..yeah! They will, that is for sure! :D

With good voice acting you can go far with this one. :slight_smile:

And if you need sound effects, go right for the finest quality… stuff like this:

http://www.drpetter.se/files/sfxdemo.mp3

There is even a tool you can use to generate your own custom sounds:

http://www.drpetter.se/project_sfxr.html

No triple-A title should be without…

Of course, a gamedev life without ever using dr petter’s sfxr is a lost one! :smiley:

Dr Petter for the sfx and Mr Wolfram ‘van Tones’ for the music: http://tones.wolfram.com/generate/

1 Like

YAY!!!

@pspeed just came into my mind, why not have sfxr as a downloadable jMP plugin! it would be cool! :stuck_out_tongue:

@ttrocha this is awesome! Are the produced sound are free to use?

Just downloaded that and can’t install on my ubuntu 11.04 -.-

[java]

root@glauco-rf411:/media/mypartition/Downloads/sfxr-sdl-1.1# make

g++ -ggdb sdl-config --cflags pkg-config gtk+-2.0 --cflags sdl-config --libs pkg-config gtk+-2.0 --libs main.cpp -o sfxr

/bin/sh: sdl-config: not found

/bin/sh: sdl-config: not found

In file included from main.cpp:11:0:

sdlkit.h:4:17: fatal error: SDL.h: Arquivo ou diretório não encontrado

compilation terminated.

make: ** [sfxr] Erro 1

root@glauco-rf411:/media/mypartition/Downloads/sfxr-sdl-1.1# su -c “make install”

[/java]