WIP: Monkey Mania

On my ubuntu, 3d applications run about 60 fps (because of the poor driver), on my windows it runs about 999. I have a timer label on one of my nifty screens, and it doesn’t slow down the fps at all!!! My timer is updated every update loop, and it is synchronized with the real time. I’m doing so on every update :

[java]

public void onTimeUpdated(long time) {

soundTimeLabel.setText(TimeUnit.MILLISECONDS.toMinutes(time) + “:” + TimeUnit.MILLISECONDS.toSeconds(time) + “:” + TimeUnit.MILLISECONDS.toMillis(time) % 1000 / 10);

}

[/java]

That is a code you did glauco? Maybe the problem is some compatibility issue with Windows?

Yes. It is. About the Windows, it runs fast cause the driver is the proprietary nvidia driver. On my ubuntu, I use the open source Mesa driver, and it does not recognize my nvidia offboard gc, but it recognized the intel offboard gc. This driver is a shit, I’ve already tried to install the proprietary nvidia driver, but when I install that, the boot crashes, and the system doesn’t start anymore…

@glaucomardano said:
On my ubuntu

found the problem

Okay people, here you go. I know it hasn’t been a few minutes but sorry, had to fix some stuff.

You can get the new build here: http://www.4shared.com/zip/Hq3Ns_pL/MonkeyMania-Windows2.html

This build contains a new level and has shadows enabled.

If you have any problems please let me know.

Thanks and enjoy.

@wezrule said:
found the problem

hehe. Ubuntu is full of problems, but I still prefer use it than windows ;P. I just use windows to test the fps ;P.

It works fine now :slight_smile: It runs constantly between 74-111 FPS

However, here are some bugs I noticed.

1. When you press and go to the main menu and start a new game, the timer is not reset, but continues from where you left it.
  2. When you press and go to the main menu and start a new game, the doesn’t work.

I finally have a version with 3 levels working and seems that most of my bugs are fixed.

I think this will be my final release.

Thanks to all. Here is the link to the zip file: MonkeyMania-Windows-Final

Again, any feed back will help.

Thanks!

1 Like

Consider Monkey Mania officially submitted.

Congrats!

I finally made some time to play your game, really nice work man, a bit tough but good fun :).

Any plans to put more work into it ?

Hi there thetoucer.

Thanks for playing the game and thanks for the comments.

I think I’ve got something here, therefore my desire is to take this game further.

I actually want to take the whole third person type arcade game style to a next level in jME3.

The main game engine if you can call it that is in place and game play is also not to bad, some tweaking is needed.

Just imagine the possibilities, even if I can convert it to android.

Was there a mac or jar version somewhere?

1 Like

Nope, sorry!

1 Like
@ndebruyn said:
Nope, sorry!

good man... +1

Haha, boycotting lifestyle artifacts? :smiley: