WIP: RUNNER - Contest Entry

Run across city roof tops as quickly as possible with stolen “property” of an EVIL VILLAIN and evade or neutralize pursuers as quickly and efficiently as possible

hopefully I can find time to start/finish this…maybe I can “ninja” my brother’s netbook to work on it on lunch in the office…

4 Likes

Good Luck! If you need any help regarding the rules, just ask :slight_smile:

Wonderful concept man. Hope you can finish it. In fact, I give you MY permission to “ninja” your brother’s netbook :stuck_out_tongue:

yeh good luck :slight_smile:

@memonick said:
Good Luck! If you need any help regarding the rules, just ask :)

Wonderful concept man. Hope you can finish it. In fact, I give you MY permission to "ninja" your brother's netbook :P

lol thanks...we'll see how it goes....................a couple of items though I make use of the "Physical thirdperson Camera" and a modified physics character class that can be manually influenced by physics forces,... are user-code samples allowed as tooling utility classes ............just making sure been using these as standard tools for so long it didn't dawn on me to ask before now

well I figure since most of the people that can’t finish on time are beginning to come out now’s about the best time as well…december was always going to be tough, in the early days I had “close up” work to do on my paying job…which I may not have in January…contract worker… so more complexity to the mix there, did get some concept going though but just boxes and a single character I suspect January will be the same, I have however challenged myself to finish this…or to have something significant to show, but it just wont be in time for this thing …sorry…and good luck to all else

no worries man, at least you gave it a try :), can’t wait to see the finished result 1 day

As wezrule said, hope you finish it and well done for trying.

thanks guys, I really really wanted to finish this, did ask a few questions and got some useful answers

and well the least I can offer is part of the proposed “track”

I envisaged part of the chase as sliding down the slanted edge of the tower after breaking through the glass and then base jumping the the track below all while fighting off pursuers

http://i.imgur.com/dwV84.png

http://i.imgur.com/oT2JV.png

the track

http://i.imgur.com/RLqKQ.png

side note to the admins a preview option for the forum would be really really useful

please note the level is still in blender

@mcbeth said:
side note to the admins a preview option for the forum would be really really useful

Cool, so you programmed that plugin? Awesome, please post it here. :roll:
@normen said:
Cool, so you programmed that plugin? Awesome, please post it here. :roll:

If I could I would ...........that feature seems standard in alot of forum software though.....or alot of forums atleast so.......................

mcbeth, you know exactly we don’t write the forum software and I told you already: complain to the buddy press developers. Complaining here is like me commenting each of your posts with “btw, a contribution from you for the physics system would be nice”.

@normen said:
mcbeth, you know exactly we don't write the forum software and I told you already: complain to the buddy press developers. Complaining here is like me commenting each of your posts with "btw, a contribution from you for the physics system would be nice".

ok so its not supported by the software at present, that's all you could have said man, calm down sometimes the simple answers are the easiest...I didn't know

You make no sense, you complain that a function isn’t there but you don’t even know if thats true? Anyway the information that a preview would be useful isn’t really news…

um I’ve been on forums where software options were present but not enabled for any amount of reasons until a request was made …again it is not completely unreasonable to assume the same here as you are trying to suggest it is man …come on…anyway merry christmas to you