WIP: Zombie Hunter - Contest Entry

haha I love it!

Dude, you rule! Seriously :smiley:

You could think about loading the gun by equations at special “load-points”. (something like solve 10 equations in 50secs to load the gun)Once you run out of bullets you have to solve per shot again! So you would have at least periods of fluid killing… :smiley:

“periods of fluid killing” would be a great name for an album in so many genres… works for metal, punk, rap, goth…

@ttrocha said:
So you would have at least periods of fluid killing... :D

That's a really cool idea! I want to keep the game simple, so I've add a feature where 3 consecutive successful shotgun blasts will activate berserk mode. The player will then have a few seconds of fluid slashing of zombies:

http://youtu.be/CLcrZMdv-gE

your game is already looking so good mate, keep up the good work! I can’t wait to see where this ends up :slight_smile:

Hi all, the game is now ready for play testing and is deployed as a relatively large applet (~12Mb). Please let me know if you find any bugs or have any suggestions. Enjoy!

zombie hunter applet

Looks good. One thing I would recommend though is to include the Num Pad for inputting numbers and arrow keys for movement. Also, some zombies walked repeatedly into the walls, and of course couldn’t move forward.

I like it very much! The key input is somehow a bit slow (or me too fast :D) and so it lost some numbers which lead that I failed :smiley:

Cool graphics. I wonder how the game turns out once the player’s body finished the metamorphosis to a werewolf :smiley: That will be fun… :smiley:

@memonick, you can now use the arrow keys to control the player. I’ll take a look at the zombies running into wall problem.

1 Like

I remember once, when my teacher said “If you don´t head to engineering or somethink like that, the only situation you will use this kind of math is when someone points a weapon at your head and threaten your life to solve mathematical problems”. Well… maybe this could be one of those situations!

Just joking. But great idea. Maybe the matematical problems could get more intense. Like, start with small numbers sums, and then start progressing to mults, and so on.

Submission is good, applet works, etc. You’re entered!