Wont work

Well, I can run all the tests etc…

but when I run the renderer or anything else it doesnt have any "Run as Java Application" option.

When I click Run Dialog and run, it just opens some other thing, like the test I ran last…

Its getting VERY frustrating and annoying… any help please?

The Renderer is not an application is a Class. I don't understand exactly what it is that you want to run/accomplish… Could you give further details.

Well, I cant run ANYTHING BUT the tests… so basically, How do I make ANYTHING  :?

dafreak said:

Well, I cant run ANYTHING BUT the tests... so basically, How do I make ANYTHING  :?

You type it into the text pane?

This is a game engine, not a game where you make a game.
691175002 said:

dafreak said:

Well, I cant run ANYTHING BUT the tests... so basically, How do I make ANYTHING  :?

You type it into the text pane?

This is a game engine, not a game where you make a game.

Dont take me for an idiot, I know what it is... and what text pane? Be more specific.

I'm going to assume you're using Eclipse.

If you have followed the Eclipse tutorial on the Wiki, then you will have a "jme" project in your workspace, and you will have defined the "jME Required" library.

Now, create a new project (File->New->Project). Choose the Java Application template. Name your project – for example "myproj".

Right-click myproj in the Workspace, and choose Properties. Click Java Build Path, and the Projects tab. Check the "jme" project as a dependency.

Now, right-click myproj and select New -> Class.

Type the name of your class (say, "MyTest1"), check the "public static void main(String[] args)" checkbox, clear the "package" dialog box, type in "com.jme.app.SimpleGame" for the base class ("extends") and accept the dialog.

Now, you have an application where you can fill in the main() application, and then fill in simpleInitGame().

When "myproj" is selected in the Workspace, you can select "debug as" or "run as," choose "Java Application," and off you go! When that works, override simpleUpdate() to read user input and animate the scene, and you'll be doing fine.

Dont take me for an idiot, I know what it is...

No need to be rude to the ones trying to help you. Your first two posts sort of hints that you have never created a Java app in your life...

feel free to chat with me on my gtalk/gmail address if you need better guidance than posting here.

"This is a game engine, not a game where you make a game."

well thats him being rude, no I havent made my OWN java application but im a bit familiar with Java, made a lot of java based scripts for some online game hacks…

And thanks if i need any more help ill contact you  :smiley:

I think you should start from this wiki page (and continue to read some more articles in the wiki) to see if jME is for you.

http://www.jmonkeyengine.com/wiki/doku.php?id=mfaq_-_most_frequently_asked_questions&s=plz

P.S. When you said scripts you were probably talkint about JavaScript? If so, please bear in mind that Java is not the same as JavaScript, Java is a programming language (compiled applications, sort of), while JavaScript is a scripting language (mainly used for Web-pages).

dafreak said:
Dont take me for an idiot, I know what it is... and what text pane? Be more specific.

Sorry, I was being a little bit of a smart ass.

I'm not completely sure you do know what this game engine is.  Basically, its just a big folder of text files.  This is not similar in any way to game creators or other "Games where you create a game".
I would suggest you learn Java first (Javascript is a completely unrelated language), or if you must, start typing:
http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/4072/eclipseto6.jpg

The tests you were able to run are programs.  If you wish to modify them, you are going to have to change the code.
The files you could not run are parts of the engine.