X3D for JME3

Hello!

I’m actually working on a project for my university. Currently I’m using JME3 and I’m very impressed.

The problem I’ve got ist that I can’t import .x3d files.

I know the old V2 version was able to handle the kind of files. Are there any importers for this file format for JME3.

I must note that conversion from this file into Ogre3D-XML to import the Model is no option!

Hope you could help me!

regards

-René

All external/additional model loaders are available through the update center. If none is available for your format then you have to implement it yourself. Given that your files should only contain mesh data that should not be much of a problem. Question is why converting the models to a properly supported format is no option? You should convert them to a properly supported format or best to the internal j3o format anyway to avoid having conversion going on each time you load a model.

Hello!

I will have a look.

I can’t use the internal .j3o format because all our models and future models are only available in .x3d.

Actually I’m on a little Swing application to display these models/scenes.

regards

-René

What kind of application is this? Does it not matter how long the loading of a model takes? In any other case I’d still suggest using j3o models instead of some external format.

Hello!

It’s an application to display enterior. Only a few models. Maybe with the ability to translate, rotate and so on.

It’s an request to load the kind of files.

regards

-René

btw… Where in the IDE I can download additional model loaders? I can’t find anyone?

lairdturner said:
Hello!
It's an application to display enterior. Only a few models. Maybe with the ability to translate, rotate and so on.
It's an request to load the kind of files.
regards
-René

btw... Where in the IDE I can download additional model loaders? I can't find anyone?

Okay... I think there's no additional plugin for my purpose. What a bummer!

Importers from all kinds of formats make no sense as most of them will not translate well. Just try and import models into blender and you see in how many ways that can already go wrong. Now if you want to use the model in a game and not just in an editor this gets more complicated as the data has to be very specific to work properly for live rendering. Hence a loader specially for your requirements is best anyway.