Yet another newbie dumb error

Jan 4, 2009 1:38:33 PM com.jme.app.BaseGame start
INFO: Application started.
Jan 4, 2009 1:38:33 PM com.jme.system.PropertiesGameSettings <init>
INFO: PropertiesGameSettings created
Jan 4, 2009 1:38:33 PM com.jme.system.PropertiesGameSettings load
WARNING: Could not load properties. Creating a new one.
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: [Lorg/lwjgl/opengl/DisplayMode;

Went through the installation tutorial for NetBeans 6.1; I am using NetBeans 6.5. Got a lot of warnings about deprecated methods and unchecked casts, and a lot of Javadoc warnings about incorrect tags. No errors, though.

Created a new project, copy-and-paste the beginner tutorial code for "Start with SimpleGame". Compiled OK. Try to run it and I see the above errors, no window appears.  :(

The warnings are quite normal, and generally ignored…

Not overly familiar with netbeans, but it looks like you didnt add the libs to your new project tho.

http://www.jmonkeyengine.com/wiki/doku.php?id=setting_up_netbeans_6.1_for_jme_2.0

And read the section at the bottom - Project Setup

The NetBeans installation has a minor oops in the jME2Physics-Compile Library javadoc:

Go to the jME Physics 2 SVN, and go to the dist directory. Add the javadoc folder. Confirm.

It should say the project, not the SVN. The dist/javadoc folder is in the project, not the SVN.

However, that was not my problem. My problem was incorrect VM Options for the -Djava.library.path environment variable specifying a relative path, instead of an absolute path to the folders.

The tutorial example seems to work now.
thanks.