Is water broken on 3.1?

I got this:

mar 27, 2015 4:48:40 PM com.jme3.app.Application handleError
GRAVE: Uncaught exception thrown in Thread[LWJGL Renderer Thread,5,main]
com.jme3.renderer.RendererException: compile error in: ShaderSource[name=Common/MatDefs/Water/Water15.frag, defines, type=Fragment, language=GLSL150]
ERROR: 0:188: ‘=’ : cannot convert from ‘2-component vector of float’ to ‘3-component vector of float’
ERROR: 0:189: ‘=’ : cannot convert from ‘2-component vector of float’ to ‘3-component vector of float’
WARNING: 0:285: ‘texture2D’ : function is deprecated and not available in Core Profile context
WARNING: 0:285: ‘texture2D’ : function is deprecated and not available in Core Profile context
WARNING: 0:320: ‘texture2D’ : function is deprecated and not available in Core Profile context
WARNING: 0:320: ‘texture2D’ : function is deprecated and not available in Core Profile context
WARNING: 0:492: ‘texture2D’ : function is deprecated and not available in Core Profile context
WARNING: 0:492: ‘texture2D’ : function is deprecated and not available in Core Profile context
WARNING: 0:494: ‘texture2D’ : function is deprecated and not available in Core Profile context
WARNING: 0:494: ‘texture2D’ : function is deprecated and not available in Core Profile context
WARNING: 0:500: ‘texture2D’ : function is deprecated and not available in Core Profile context
WARNING: 0:500: ‘texture2D’ : function is deprecated and not available in Core Profile context

at com.jme3.renderer.opengl.GLRenderer.updateShaderSourceData(GLRenderer.java:1122)
at com.jme3.renderer.opengl.GLRenderer.updateShaderData(GLRenderer.java:1149)
at com.jme3.renderer.opengl.GLRenderer.setShader(GLRenderer.java:1213)
at com.jme3.material.Material.render(Material.java:1214)
at com.jme3.renderer.RenderManager.renderGeometry(RenderManager.java:568)
at com.jme3.post.FilterPostProcessor.renderProcessing(FilterPostProcessor.java:217)
at com.jme3.post.FilterPostProcessor.renderFilterChain(FilterPostProcessor.java:294)
at com.jme3.post.FilterPostProcessor.postFrame(FilterPostProcessor.java:308)
at com.jme3.renderer.RenderManager.renderViewPort(RenderManager.java:1035)
at com.jme3.renderer.RenderManager.render(RenderManager.java:1078)
at com.jme3.app.SimpleApplication.update(SimpleApplication.java:260)
at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.runLoop(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:152)
at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglDisplay.runLoop(LwjglDisplay.java:192)
at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:231)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

On the plus side, 3.1 has solved a lighting issue that only appeared on intel HD2000 :smile:

I’ll look into it, thanks.

1 Like

The master build now solved 2 bugs, but the lighting issue mentioned above is back again… oh well, still an improvement overall :stuck_out_tongue:

Now I get this:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.jme3.math.ColorRGBA.interpolate(Lcom/jme3/math/ColorRGBA;Lcom/jme3/math/ColorRGBA;F)V
at emitter.influencers.ColorInfluencer.update(ColorInfluencer.java:52)

I’m using @t0neg0d particle emitters BTW.

interpolate was renamed to interpolateLocal() to avoid misunderstandings that it modifies the color its being called on.

1 Like

The master build does not crash anymore on loading water (thanks @nehon !) , but if I’m above water level I see only one color (meaning: the screen is painted with one solid color without shapes nor lighting).

Win 7 64bit
intel HD 2000

@Momoko_Fan fixed that issue, it was related to that issue Particle shader on android - #3 by Momoko_Fan

Well, thanks @Momoko_Fan ! :smile:

The “solid color” issue don’t exist with a geforce 8600m card.

I wish I had enough money to subsidize a decent nVidia card for everyone. :wink:

Does this imply that nvidia makes the best/most compatible opengl card/drivers?

…“the way it’s meant to be played”…?

This is a well known fact.

ATI/AMD has gotten better… for my first decade in 3D graphics, the ATI OpenGL support was a painful joke. They at least seem to sort of care, now.

And intel makes them seem downright top notch…

An interesting article from some time back… it’s easy to guess the vendors:

Thanks for ruining my day… after reading that, I believe it’s a miracle my game actually runs. :sweat:

or JME :wink:

(not every day we can boast about it… :stuck_out_tongue: )