Any plans for blender importer to support inverse kinematics?

Hi!

Are there any plans for the blender importer to support inverse kinematics in the near future?

@Kaelthas do you have any plans? :wink:

Hey @tuffe

The importer currently supports the IK constraint.
The problem is that it still works for simle cases (for example IK attached for one bone only in the chain).

I will develop it further but I think I will wait untill all git/gradle issues are solved :slight_smile:
And there are still issues with space computations in bone constraints so I guess this will be taken care of too.

@Kaelthas said: Hey @tuffe

The importer currently supports the IK constraint.
The problem is that it still works for simle cases (for example IK attached for one bone only in the chain).

I will develop it further but I think I will wait untill all git/gradle issues are solved :slight_smile:
And there are still issues with space computations in bone constraints so I guess this will be taken care of too.

All git/gradle issues are solved, you can build the engine and blender part no problem.

Hey @Kaelthas

I’m sorry for not responding last time; forgot about it. Anyway, last time, which was 3 months ago, IK constraints did not quite work out-of-the-box. I don’t know what you meant about the importer supporting IK constraints; maybe you meant something else. Anyway, does it work now? :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey @tuffe

as I said in my first reply - it only works for very simple cases.
The IK algorithm is not an easy one. I will improve it, but I will need to see how blender computes it to get identical results.

For now I am working on improving the mesh loading because there is an issue with triangulation algorithm which could cause meshes to be imported with artifacts.

I will work on the IK when I am done with ngon triangulation :wink:

@Kaelthas Nice! Because having to do animation without IK is terrible. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey @Kaelthas

I’m curious how it is going with the support of inverse kinematics for the blender importer (for more than one bone) ?
Because i have to decide if i can wait for it. :smiley:

You can always simply bake the animation before you import the blend file

Hi @Kawanka
I was going to get back to the IK subject, but I came accross problem with animated model disappearing for certain camera positions. The model disappears because its movement do not fit to the bounding box when the animation was played. This caused problems with taking a closer look at bones that had IK applied.

I have some models where I can see the bad computations. I hope to take a look at it this week or the next one.

Hey @normen @Kaelthas

Thanks for the reply! Im going to use the bake method than. But it would be a great feature if it would go directly by the converter! Thanks for your work anyway!

I’ve had my own problems with baking… For some reason baking one animation causes the other animations to mess up.

Whatever animation I bake first is the most accurate, and the last one is the most deformed?

Any Blender Meisters know why?