Apple's Game Engine List

What do you think it would take for jME to be listed on the Apple game developer site?  Plus Mac has the dedicated commitment to OpenGL.  Here’s the main Apple Games site.

At least we should have universal binaries.

And in comparison to that other engines there we are missing a game creation workflow and scripting language support. So you are the right one posting this: Monkeyworld could

the last engine mentioned in the list, ptk, does not come with scripting support or editors either. maybe if someone asks the strange mac guys nicely they will include jme/jmonkeyworld.

just wait for java 6 and scripting is not an issue anymore.

a universal editor is needed though…

notice it's an article about making games on a mac though, not some official list of mac compatible engines.

True, but I think the point is "advertising is advertising".  One more place jME can be listed is one more place it can gain further support.

darkfrog

I agree, but articles are not malleable like a list would be.  What we need to do is find an actual list of game dev resources on apple's site and ask for inclusion there, not in an already published article.

If you go up a level from the article you'll be at the main games page.  There's a Getting Started page off of that as well.  The feeling I was left with was that Apple is getting tired of having games ported as a last thought by a publisher.  They want to have quality available from day one.  They're just now getting Halo and it was originally slatted for the Mac before M$ bought Bungie.  Stuff like that hurts.  Maybe if we opened relations with Apple they would be inclined to use us as the 'preferred engine' to help spur the Indie community.  After all, Torque ain't free.  I don't know.  I just thinking out loud but it seems like they're in a nice spot, and so is the jME, for opeing communications.

renanse said:

I agree, but articles are not malleable like a list would be.  What we need to do is find an actual list of game dev resources on apple's site and ask for inclusion there, not in an already published article.

Sorry, guess I should go to the links before posting about them. ;)

darkfrog