Month ago some student asked me for help on a project. I wrote a game but in the end they decided to don’t use it. As the game was developped in Java and was using Graphics to paint itself, i decided to port it to avarra, as a proof of concept. I was not as smooth as i expected but here is the result:
You can download the initial project here.
(just for the record : the avarra version is here: http://www.filedropper.com/aworms.
It includes the Ximl.jar that i use in avarra).
sounds effets and worms voices comes from the original worms world party. I don’t plan to do anthing with this “game” other that this “proof of concept” anyway. If copyright owners ask me to remove it i’ll obey but please shhhh, don’t tell them.
worms, mine, bombe, plane, land, rain, water … is designed by me.
explosion and smoke somes from … well, i don’t remember, i think it’s rpg maker or someting like that.
For the record: problems of the port from swing to avarra was: change the time management (to use the jme main loop) rotation on the Graphics (i still need to improve that anyway), some bugs about images orientation (during the initialization of the game i iterate (once !) over an image to find the ground. With the y axis inverted the physics was broken), the lack of “fill polygon” on my graphics (i still need an algorithm to do that, i.e. transform an array of point into a mesh covering the polygon).
And likely some other bugs, but nothing important.
I also noticed that the jme video recorder doesn’t have sounds and it seems impossible to add this (i gave a look at the code and there is nothing related to audio in the video recorder). So, i used audacity and movie maker to register the sound and merge it to the video.
(and the rendering of the video is not the same as the rendering in game, i need to search why and fix that).