My kids are officially on spring break now... though they haven't really started to make anything yet. I'm now scrambling to get base features in place as I can in and among my dad-duties. ("Heheh... he said doodies...")
Anyway, tonight I built in the grid that keeps track of what is placed where so that objects can't overlap (beyond whatever overlap they allow)... I also made a pond object:
Until the kids create "mobs", I have a limited number of existing animated mobs... one of them is a Frog that @nehon created for me some time back. If the kids come up with some idea for how a frog will behave differently than a monkey, we now have a spawner for them. Mostly I just had an idea and wanted to see how it would turn out.
The map collision stuff was all so that I can start giving proper behaviors to the mobs. Now I have the means to support object avoidance and path finding. That may have to be tomorrow's task, though.