(April 2017) Monthly WIP screenshot thread

Wrong, it is genderless.

1 Like

Does it self-identify as an eagle, or is it jumping off of a cliff because it just found out that Starbucks isn’t selling its favorite frappe anymore? :wink:

4 Likes

It’s racing down against other combative wingsuits genderless types.

2 Likes

Playing too much world of warships has some weird influences.

16 Likes

I swear I’m gonna try how it looks with a waterfilter just for fun once.

2 Likes

http://static.fjcdn.com/large/pictures/3d/5d/3d5da8_4070328.jpg

5 Likes

The first version of the “make it hi poly tessellation shader”
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur

13 Likes

Nice!
does it subdivide uvs too?

2 Likes

Sure. Have to check out how it works with animations but i am fairly confident that its not a major task.
Work for the next rainy day.

3 Likes

MathEd

My little math gam in google play [alpha]

3 Likes

Nice work
What is the goal of the game?

2 Likes

Got hardware skinning to work

It also shows quickly where you have wrong normals. :wink:

12 Likes

Remember missile command? basically that is all it is you have to protect your buildings from the missiles by answering the math problems.

2 Likes

Various debugging experiments that looked kinda cool.

5 Likes

Not too long ago I abandoned my 2d UI and decided to go with a 3d UI you sit inside. WIP

15 Likes

I don’t have something special to show but still …

My first attempts with Zay-ES and Networking:
There is a physics system running on the server. The server also sends updates to all client 10 times a second. In order to get fluent movements I have another system on client side which interpolates between positions and rotations for entities which are currently moving.

I feel like I have to say thanks to (especially) @pspeed, @Ali_RS and @Darkchaos who helped me a lot getting into the world of EntityComponentSystems which are quite nice I have to say, I wish I had discovered them earlier but you know… it’s never to late.

Best regards
Domenic

6 Likes

That looks pretty sweet. Is the right screen the client and the left the server?

2 Likes

Correct!

By the way: @asser_fahrenholz Thank you as well! When I remember correctly you also helped me in on of my recent topics :blush:

1 Like

Thank you @Domenic , glad for this successful achievement in ES world and also glad we were able to help you, actually we all should thanks from Paul Speed who helped us a lot to learn and solve our problems. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I can’t quote your post for some reason… but re:
“The server also sends updates to all client 10 times a second. In order to get fluent movements I have another system on client side which interpolates between positions and rotations for entities which are currently moving.”

Have you seen SimEthereal? It does this for you, basically… and more efficiently than the normal TCP communication that Zay-ES uses ever could.

An ES example that uses it:

2 Likes