(August 2016) Monthly WIP screenshot thread

August is here and it’s time for monthly WIP screenshots !

I made a fence model and i hope to release the j3o tomorrow. I am not sure about the license yet but it will be permissive :slight_smile:

This was made in two days (not full time), my goal was to try some UV mapping and painting all in Blender. All the painting was done with a pen-tablet without the pressure input which doesn’t help. Although i am not a boss at painting.

And also one goal was to make a jme ready asset.

So this is the result :

edit : available here

23 Likes

that is suuuuper cool :smiley:

Working on this menu for my game.

15 Likes

Also working on menu for my game

The camera moves around the glowing ball thing and there’s background music too

8 Likes

My small game, that i creating for project that needed to paralysed childs. I have many problems, but i hope, this best community will help me :slight_smile:

14 Likes

My Stone Monster model

19 Likes

Concept art for Skullstone: heavy swords.

19 Likes

@FrozenShade Wow! Its beautiful! I like to see it`s swords in real game. So… can i make small donation for now? :blush:

What kind of donation?

I thought that english “donation” means only money. So now you now what i mean :slight_smile:

Experimenting with SSAO a bit… One of the problem of our SSAO is that it has to render an additional geometry pass to render the normals in a buffer to compute ssao.
I recently experimented a way to approximate the normals from the depth texture and it’s an ok technique but it’s a lot less accurate, and also reveals the flat faces of the models in the normal map… but… since SSAO has an additional blur pass at the end… I thought it might be ok :p.
No SSAO

Classic SSAO with the additional geometry pass

SSAO with approximated normals

The classic SSAO looks a bit better… but the approximation is 50% faster… can be a nice optimization option for your scenes…

All this in master you can now use ssaoFilter.setApproximateNormals(true) to use it. Default is to false.

20 Likes

Thanks @nehon

I think with this new way my laptop will not fear to run SSAO filter. :wink:

well…depends, it’s still kind of greedy, but that worth a try :wink:

What about when the normal pass is rendered at the same time as the scene? Or is that limited to higher end cards?

Yeah, you need mrt support to do that. Also a change to the lighting material and the fpp. This was super easy and quite light… So I just pushed it.
Also this saves some memory and bandwidth as you you don’t have the normal rgb texture. At the expense of some computation…

I wonder what the prevalence of this is these days. What’s the minimum OGL support do you know?

True… though if you need the normals for other things anyway…

I was just curious. All of this is beyond my current needs, anyway. And the one place that I really wanted AO, this would probably be more than fine since it was all flat boxes.

Just wondering what are your system specs?

I don’t know exactly, but IMO it’s core since opengl 3, and available through extension since opengl 2, with various level of support.
What I know though is that it’s not supported on webgl… and for some reason I have some interest in webgl lately ;)[quote=“themiddleman, post:17, topic:36536, full:true”]
Just wondering what are your system specs?
[/quote]
Core i7 960 3.2ghz
12 gb ram
GeForce GTX 670
Win 10
Also note that the screen shot is 720p. It may not be that fast in 1080p

A filter that uses raytracing in addition to depth to calculate the fog density.

For each fragment a ray evaluates from how much fog the scene is seen through , and adjusts the density accordingly.

10 Likes

How many points do you use for the integration, and do you downsample the resolution too?