Best for cel shading

Can anyone inform me of the best way to aquire a cel shaded style effect (not toon shading) i've been reading through some posts but not really answer my question well at least the ones i've found. Would it be more up to the jme engine or the actual model to get the effect I have it the proper way in blender but i'm unable to aquire a simir effect in the jme renderer should i focus more on normal, bump mapping and shaders??

Cel Shading is a lighting technique that quantizes the result of the lighting function into 3-4 shades of gray. You don't really need anything else to do it except a pixel shader applied to the model.

Momoko_Fan said:

Cel Shading is a lighting technique that quantizes the result of the lighting function into 3-4 shades of gray. You don't really need anything else to do it except a pixel shader applied to the model.

hmm thank you I'll look into that but i recently found a class in the jme library called outline pass is it sufficient enough to use for this purpose or is it more efficient to use the pixel shader?

I'm looking for more of an anime style type of cel shading not so much toon