Blender Loader now in jME3 core

can baked physics sims like fracture be imported it would be interesting to have building crack up collapse without the added overhead of realtime physics in jme

Oh, and please just use the Import Assets board to report bugs and other issues that you find in the Blender loader. Posting them as a reply to this single thread will only create a mess and reduce your chances of being noticed.

mcbeth said:
can baked physics sims like fracture be imported it would be interesting to have building crack up collapse without the added overhead of realtime physics in jme

Again it would be much cooler if you could simply try that first and then tell us what doesnt work and how it could work.. If you can bake physics to a normal animation i dont see why it should not work according to @Kaelthas explanations.
erlend_sh said:
Oh, and please just use the Import Assets board to report bugs and other issues that you find in the Blender loader. Posting them as a reply to this single thread will only create a mess and reduce your chances of being noticed.

Sorry i will do that ^^
normen said:
Again it would be much cooler if you could simply try that first and then tell us what doesnt work and how it could work.. If you can bake physics to a normal animation i dont see why it should not work according to @Kaelthas explanations.

man I'm not at home and time is not always on my side when I am home, ......................I'd be glad to test and report back but as I said earlier......... time ain't on my side, I don't know what he have or haven't tested, I do realize that shittruck loads of might this work might that work questions could be annoying, but things that seem simple and should work might just not..........for a bunch of reasons..........shit happens ;)

OK, the particles are running smoothly now :slight_smile:

The Newtonian physics is only supported at the moment.

1 Like

Can you add a checkbox to load lights that were created in blender so it is easier to load a level. Since the light data is their and easy to get anyway? hmm though their is a hierarchical issue in that models added to the level will not receive lighting unless it is a child of the scene node. Easy to fix in code but maybe their can be a type of controller that will add the light data to the rootNode

BlenderLoader loads all the required data.

So use this one instead of BlenderModelLoader :slight_smile:

BlenderKey has a bitwise integer that says which features should be loaded and which of the should not.

The integer is called ā€˜featuresToLoadā€™ and its values are described by the following interface defined inside the BlenderKey class:

[java]

public static interface FeaturesToLoad {

int SCENES = 0x0000FFFF;

int OBJECTS = 0x0000000B;

int ANIMATIONS = 0x00000004;

int MATERIALS = 0x00000003;

int TEXTURES = 0x00000001;

int CAMERAS = 0x00000020;

int LIGHTS = 0x00000010;

int ALL = 0xFFFFFFFF;

}

[/java]

But if you want it inside jme as a checkbox youā€™ll need to ask jMP developer for help :slight_smile:

Iā€™m implementing the loader only and never really looked into it use by jMP :wink:

Cheers,

Kaelthas

1 Like

The model loader has a UI space that is meant for such things, but it requires the loader to use asset keys, know the format before etcā€¦ If you can add a flag to load the lights to the BlenderModelKey then this can be done in a future iteration of the model loader of jMP.

So this means I can use blender 2.57 and export models in all their glory? Without the need for OGRE exporter? Sounds sweet! I was just about to intentionally buy an old book (for 2.49b), so thanks for saving me money :smiley:

Iā€™m guessing its not 100% bug free but its working thats great :slight_smile: Keep up the amazing work!

Hello,

I have a crash with the latest blender importer update :

11-> 836 | FINE: tools.XmlResult = Loading model 'tree', filename : models/plant_tree.blend
11-> 981 | SEVERE: Main = friction.Main
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unknown texture coordinates value: -1
at com.jme3.scene.plugins.blender.textures.UVCoordinatesGenerator.generateUVCoordinates(UVCoordinatesGenerator.java:148)
at com.jme3.scene.plugins.blender.meshes.MeshHelper.toMesh(MeshHelper.java:409)
at com.jme3.scene.plugins.blender.objects.ObjectHelper.toObject(ObjectHelper.java:186)
at com.jme3.scene.plugins.blender.JmeConverter.toObject(JmeConverter.java:137)
at com.jme3.scene.plugins.blender.BlenderModelLoader.load(BlenderModelLoader.java:62)
at com.jme3.scene.plugins.blender.BlenderModelLoader.load(BlenderModelLoader.java:1)
at com.jme3.asset.DesktopAssetManager.loadAsset(DesktopAssetManager.java:240)
at com.jme3.asset.DesktopAssetManager.loadModel(DesktopAssetManager.java:373)
at com.jme3.asset.DesktopAssetManager.loadModel(DesktopAssetManager.java:383)

I had to revert to 8036 to get my models to work again. BTW, I don't use UVCoordinates in my models.
1 Like

OK, this happened when you loaded the model without textures :slight_smile:

Already fixed.

And thanks for noticing it :wink:

1 Like