Blender to JME

Okay, I know this topic has been addressed a few times, but I've read every post I've been able to find and still have not been able to successfully export a Blender file as a JME file.  I have tried the two different exporters referenced on here.

The one referenced here: http://24.103.107.96/

Does not even appear in Blender (I'm using Blender 2.37a on Windows XP) under Export.

The one referenced here: http://wwwhomes.uni-bielefeld.de/krabien/jmestuff/

When I attempt to export it I get the following:

starting export to jME XML file format…

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "<string>", line 583, in main

File "<string>", line 319, in writeObject

File "<string>", line 358, in writeMesh

File "<string>", line 162, in init

AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'getAmb'

I've tried exporting to other formats and have had no success except with OBJ but none of the bones or nodes are kept in tact when I export to that.

Thanks,

darkfrog

I've figured it out that it only errors if I try to export materials along with my export.  If I don't then it seems to work just fine.

However, the sample that I'm using has bones in it…is there no way for me to be able to utilize those bones in jME?

Thanks,

darkfrog

If you find a sollution on this would you post it here or send it to me?

I use blender as project standard in hope that a blender conversion will find its way into the API, or that blender gets a stable plugin to export/import jme files. :slight_smile:

Well, as long as I don't export materials it seems to work just fine.  In fact, I've been able to export animation sequences and directly use them in jME without any trouble.  If someone could just figure out what the bug is in Material support I think everything would be fine with it.

darkfrog

you can export to md5 their scripts for import and export on doom3world.org note however that something in 2.37 corrupts md5 animations so that you will have to animate your model in 2.36 until the issue is resolved the md5 loader and animation system can be found in usercode if you dont already have it. it does not export to .jme yet though and that is going to be a task for you "if you want to, you dont need to at present"