Blendswap Arcade 19.05-27.05 - It has begun!

@SQLek said: This is idea! Rebuilding this into scene :D Thanks!

no problem. =D 8)

Okay people, so what exactly should we do now?
Do we use this model from @SQLek or do we wait for
@erlend_sh assetpack?

You can start implementing with my model. Is almost identical as originally published, but it is also almost as much messy as original.

You can always swap model when @nehon finish remodeling. I don’t know when, but final model will be available. My model is available now.

1 Like

Okay cool.
Thanks for that. I see that the windows of your model is not showing.
Is that the “almost” you were talking about?

Here is the link to my fix. LINK . Forgot to share it :facepalm:

Hope it helps. =D

2 Likes
@ndebruyn said: Okay cool. Thanks for that. I see that the windows of your model is not showing. Is that the "almost" you were talking about?
Cannot be fixed without rebuilding model. JME3 don't have lighting materials with double color texture. Ground is fixed because jme3 have materials with color+normals. @kamran is doing rebuilding. I heard also somebody from devs too. My model have one feature, it is as much compatible as possible. Only one object, and no custom materials, simply load and place.

If jME3 supports multiple UV coords, then making a material shouldn’t be too difficult.
Would need the importer (Ogre or Blender) fixed, which is more of a problem.

Sorry about going AWOL, got bogged down at work due to game release.

I applaud you guys for fixing up my my lackluster asset. You absolutely may use these modified models. And yes, you may also work in an interior of the building, though I will say this might hurt your “utilisation” grade by a little bit.

Will you provide us with a proper model in an assetpack or should we try to use the one’s above?

I’d say try to use the ones above. I surely won’t be able to do any better.

Sorry got busy, the one from @kamran looks fine to me. Go ahead guys use it.

@nehon said: Sorry got busy, the one from @kamran looks fine to me. Go ahead guys use it.

Just seemed to lack baked AO but maybe I just didn’t look hard enough.

I does yep, but I’m getting lazy

It’s a shame because really the whole point of the low-poly style is to take a low-poly model and subject it to high quality lighting and atmospherics. That’s what makes them look like something more than a 1990s video game.

Since JME lacks ray tracing, in the spirit of the style, some things will need to be baked in… AO at a minimum if real lighting is used but fully baked lighting could be good for unshaded games.

Anyone who takes time to do this will get 50 imaginary bonus points from me. :slight_smile: I wish my blender chops were better because then I’d do it. It would probably take me much more time than the 5 minutes it would take someone with blender experience though. :slight_smile:

@pspeed said: It's a shame because really the whole point of the low-poly style is to take a low-poly model and subject it to high quality lighting and atmospherics. That's what makes them look like something more than a 1990s video game.

Since JME lacks ray tracing, in the spirit of the style, some things will need to be baked in… AO at a minimum if real lighting is used but fully baked lighting could be good for unshaded games.

Anyone who takes time to do this will get 50 imaginary bonus points from me. :slight_smile: I wish my blender chops were better because then I’d do it. It would probably take me much more time than the 5 minutes it would take someone with blender experience though. :slight_smile:

aahh yes baked texturing :slight_smile: . The problem is that the person who did the modeling of the scene did not use UV mapping to do that texture so for me it would require quite some time to fix that and then apply the baked texture :frowning: . What I did was use terrain material in JME to apply what ever texture was available with little modification to the textures. I did improve the wall normal map which I am sharing here hope it helps :slight_smile: .

I am currently working with the animation and game logic of the game so not sure if I could fix the building with baked textures but will give it a try if I can find some spare time for that in the end after all 50 imaginary bonus points from pspeed is worth the try =D .

I don’t know is baking necessary? SSAO+Edge still gives me 60-90fps, and i only have economic graphics card.

@kamran said: aahh yes baked texturing :) . The problem is that the person who did the modeling of the scene did not use UV mapping to do that texture so for me it would require quite some time to fix that and then apply the baked texture :( . What I did was use terrain material in JME to apply what ever texture was available with little modification to the textures. I did improve the wall normal map which I am sharing here hope it helps :) .

I am currently working with the animation and game logic of the game so not sure if I could fix the building with baked textures but will give it a try if I can find some spare time for that in the end after all 50 imaginary bonus points from pspeed is worth the try =D .

For any who are interested in making their game for android… the textures should be power of 2.

I am really struggling to work with any of those models.
I keep on getting the following error when adding a light source to the rootNode.

[java]

A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:

EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x000000000e7a461c, pid=9020, tid=9876

JRE version: Java™ SE Runtime Environment (7.0_51-b13) (build 1.7.0_51-b13)

Java VM: Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (24.51-b03 mixed mode windows-amd64 compressed oops)

Problematic frame:

C [ig4icd64.dll+0x26461c]

Failed to write core dump. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client versions of Windows

An error report file with more information is saved as:

D:\Backups\Workspaces\bruynhuis\Hostage\hs_err_pid9020.log

If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:

http://bugreport.sun.com/bugreport/crash.jsp

The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.

See problematic frame for where to report the bug.

[/java]

@ndebruyn said: I am really struggling to work with any of those models. I keep on getting the following error when adding a light source to the rootNode.

[java]

A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:

EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x000000000e7a461c, pid=9020, tid=9876

JRE version: Java™ SE Runtime Environment (7.0_51-b13) (build 1.7.0_51-b13)

Java VM: Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (24.51-b03 mixed mode windows-amd64 compressed oops)

Problematic frame:

C [ig4icd64.dll+0x26461c]

Failed to write core dump. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client versions of Windows

An error report file with more information is saved as:

D:BackupsWorkspacesruynhuisHostagehs_err_pid9020.log

If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:

http://bugreport.sun.com/bugreport/crash.jsp

The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.

See problematic frame for where to report the bug.

[/java]

I could be off base here but the lighting shader assumes there is a texCoord buffer set. In an above post (I think) it was mentioned that there are no uv’s saved with the model.

This might be the issue… maybe?

My only question now is what should I do?
Anyone else getting these errors?