Building JMonkeyEngine with Ogre3D

well, thank you all for your comments and suggestions, however :: to clarify :: *.mhm is the file formating used by MakeHuman… *.mhx is an “Exporter” created by MakeHuman so that programs like Blender can “Import” the MakeHuman files.

And Thank you, VscorpianC has Tutorials that I highly recommend ALL Newbies and Novices review and check back often to her channel for new additions.

… so back to my earlier question… Is there any plans to implement some sort of “Import” of *.mhm directly into JMonkeyEngine ?

Ok, I will try your approach, eyebrows in makehuman does not fit my case so I do my own in blender, it is the only issue so no problem at all :smile:

No and that for many reasons:
a) Most of the time you need some post-processing done in blender anyway
b) We already can’t keep up 100% on all formats so adding another very specific is not going to help.

Try it out, using blender inbetween is really fast. Actually you could even create a batch file to launch the MakeHuman Importer and save them as blend. From thereon JME takes care.

Btw: If you have found a place for MakeHuman Clothing, I’d love you (hehe). I’ve read somewhere that MH’s License would prevent them from sharing or w/e atleast I haven’t found any online

Love me tender… love me dear… Psst - check out the MakeHuman User Contributed Assets

I have no idea where you read that about the MakeHuman license… I strongly suggest you ask that question directly on their website for clarification…

1 Like

Select your mesh → Material —> Z-Transparency —>set Alpha to 1.
It will solve transparency problem for sure.

about the eyes you need to set “AlphaDiscountThreshold” > 0 .
You can not set it in Blender you should set it in JME material.

1 Like

I would like to thank today’s sponsors :: Ali_RS …and… Ahmad_Sayed :: for hijacking my thread… so very kind of you to do so, instead of creating your own, or using PM’s… Well Done !

1 Like

gaiha you asked for if someone used makehuman and we answered and the guys followed up with easier approach

Do you consider this hijaking

3 Likes

Oops! I think I misunderstood your post about hijacking . I though you were glad with my posts here. because in above you said you liked VscorpianC video which I posted there.
I really really apologies if I hijacked your thread. I just wanted to help others by answering their questions.
Sorry my friend if my posts bothered you . :sweat:

1 Like