Can a tomcat and servlet jsp handle 100 billion users

LOL. They will clear my doubt that you have no idea what you are talking about?

Why waste my time? My day job is doing this sort of large scale processing for a living. I know what’s possible and what isn’t.

Tomcat and servlets can handle a billion requests per second, sure… if you pay for a GIANT data center. Like, bigger than the data centers that Facebook uses to handle 13 million requests per second.

And never mind that this is totally off topic for this forum. You are a very interesting troll, though.

Yes ur right , tomcat can handle 100 billion user per sec, the answer is yes ,thanks for ur confirmation, 30 year of ur experience finally come handy for me.

LOL. Troll.

If a company has 10,000 tomcat instances spread over 10 or so data centers around the world… then, yes.

So, for you: no

Yes I firmly believe that, because the average life expectation of a car is going down. Everyone leases a car and after 2 leasing periods it dies because everyone only wants the most recent model. Back then people were taking their savings and bought a car for their lifetime (this might be even more true for cars in the 60s/70s).

So it depends on the interpretation of tough but their life expectancy has gone down, it’s a throwaway product like mobile phones, consoles and today even relationships/girlfriends

Yeah, I think so, too. I have a car from 2001 that I still drive. That may have been one of the last years to buy a car that would last for this long. Even the guy in the service department was saying people shouldn’t expect cars to last a long time anymore.

Kind of a shame.

for me it’s no, but with money of the client
Who has 100 billion user, the answer is yes

When you walk, does the shit just slosh out of your ears? Or does it dribble out of your nose?

Which planet does this 100 billion users live on?

This reminds me of a time where this kid told me his dad was definitely going to build him a real working light sabre.

Is it possible to close this nonsense thread?

… per second :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Pspeed it’s a worst case scenario iam talking about, current user of the client is 1 billion. 1 billion user is common on bank web site who has brances in 202 countries,
Like state bank of India.

a) your question is still ridiculous? Visual Basic could be used if you have enough servers.

b) the place you are asking this question is ridiculous. It has nothing to do with game development or jMonkeyEngine… you are better off asking in a totally different forum.

c) I’m really sure that you have a client with 1/3rd the entire population of the internet as clients… even Facebook only just breaks 1 billion users… and in your experienced wisdom, you ask a dumb question on a game development forum.

So either you are as dumb as a brick and have a wild fantasy life… or you are trolling.

Either way, I’m going to close this thread now… it’s becoming more tedious than fun.

All of this can be proven with a slow post test. It will give up the ghost at an alarming rate.

It’s not hard to mimick traffic.

Edit: oops didn’t realise it was locked.