Candidate changes for 3.0.8

3.0.7 introduced a few bugs which seem worth fixing, even if they can be worked around. While we don’t seem ready to release from the Github repository, a 3.0.8 release could be easily built from the 3.0stable branch in the Google Code repository.

I’ve identified the following fixes which should be backported to 3.0.8:

(1) fix for NPE in FilterPostProcessor

(2) fix onAnimCycleDone() issue

Plus a reminder to update JmeVersion and plugins.version!

Any comments, additions, deletions?

3 Likes

I have been waiting for the onAnimCycleDone for a while, i would love an update :smiley:

Last I checked, this patch to BoundingBox was never applied in the last round but would be good to have:
http://code.google.com/p/jmonkeyengine/source/diff?spec=svn10785&r=10785&format=side&path=/trunk/engine/src/core/com/jme3/bounding/BoundingBox.java&old_path=/trunk/engine/src/core/com/jme3/bounding/BoundingBox.java&old=9840

That’s the info in google code… which has the nicer interface so I still use it for browsing the pre-move stuff. It should be pretty easy to find in git, I guess but may not be available through the web interface because it’s before the reorg and github’s web interface apparently cuts history off once a file is moved.

3 Likes

I agree that 10785 would be nice to include, and I’m sorry it was missed in 3.0.7. If we open 3.0.8 up to fixing old bugs, let’s limit ourselves to ones (like this) which have had plenty of “soak time”.

I agree that GoogleCode’s browsing interface beats GitHub’s hands down, which is why I used it for (1) above.

To keep parity between the repos I guess its best if you make the changes in git/3.0 and I merge them using the svn checkout in the initial git repo I used to move the engine over to git.

1 Like
@normen said: To keep parity between the repos I guess its best if you make the changes in git/3.0 and I merge them using the svn checkout in the initial git repo I used to move the engine over to git.

I can do that. T minus 5 ulatrons and counting…

2 Likes

Update 3.0.8 is building right now, thanks to @sgold

3.0.8 is now available from the update center.

5 Likes