Character "vibrates" in physics space

Hi,

Using a couple of tutorials, I have spawned a series of 10x1x10 (x, y, z) floors, 10 panels long and I’ve spawned the golem from HelloAnimation on top of it. The goal is to make a 2.5d side-scrolling game. However, whenever I spawn the golem he vibrates in place and slides very slowly toward the edge of the platform. I have not attached any actions that could be affecting him or the world, not are there and physics aside from gravity on launch.

How do you stop the vibration and sliding?

Thanks!

Make it be a CharacterControl instead of a rigid body.

Also try different friction and sleep settings, it might help

It is a CharacterControl. The golem is spawned and oriented via the following code:

// Load any model Node myCharacter = (Node) assetManager.loadModel("Models/Oto/Oto.mesh.xml"); rootNode.attachChild(myCharacter); // Create a appropriate physical shape for it CapsuleCollisionShape capsuleShape = new CapsuleCollisionShape(1.5f, 6f, 1); CharacterControl myCharacter_phys = new CharacterControl(capsuleShape, 0.01f); // Attach physical properties to model and PhysicsSpace myCharacter.addControl(myCharacter_phys); bulletAppState.getPhysicsSpace().add(myCharacter_phys); myCharacter_phys.setPhysicsLocation(new Vector3f(0,10,0)); myCharacter_phys.setViewDirection(new Vector3f(1,0,0));

This loads the model, attaches a capsule collision shape, adds the physics and sets the golem to spawn 10 units above the leftmost floor panel facing down the line of panels.

I don’t see any methods for sleeping or friction attached to myCharacter_phys or any other related object. Can you explain a bit more?

Thanks!

Raike

Ah you already use a character controll, well its not raly physical its pseudo physic, but should usually be more stable for stuff like this. You could try a different stepsize aybee?

I’ve tried a fair amount of things over the past day or two. Friction, gravity, etc. don’t affect the vibration. When I switched the CapsuleCollisionShape for a BoxCollisionShape, the character stopped vibrating but sunk into the ground slightly. I’m willing to make the entire file available, if anyone thinks it would help.

If its a one file testcase, sure