Controllers

Are animation controllers expected in JME3 or there's nother way to control model animation dynamically?

thanks

bye

in the jme3 tets is a test, loding a ogre file and playing a animation.

Empire Phoenix said:

in the jme3 tets is a test, loding a ogre file and playing a animation.

in jme2 I moved an object along a Curve dynamically generated using a CurveController, is it possible to do the same through an ogre animation?

When designing jME3 I did some thinking and decided not to have controllers. Now I am looking back and thinking I should have them… So, they will probably be coming back :slight_smile:

I don't see any use for controllers as well:

animations can be controlled over the Model object

logic in a game should better be done by having all game objects in a list and iteration one each update over it calling update, since that creates uch less overhead, and makes sure you never lose a object somewhere in the scene tree

Empire Phoenix said:

I don't see any use for controllers as well:
animations can be controlled over the Model object
logic in a game should better be done by having all game objects in a list and iteration one each update over it calling update, since that creates uch less overhead, and makes sure you never lose a object somewhere in the scene tree

Probably it's my knownledge of problem that isn't adequate and the question may seem stupid, but if I have to move an object from point A to B, without using controllers and setting point B dinamically, how should I proceed?
thanks  :D
truman said:

Probably it's my knownledge of problem that isn't adequate and the question may seem stupid, but if I have to move an object from point A to B, without using controllers and setting point B dinamically, how should I proceed?

You move the object each frame just a bit.. Like a SpatialTransformer does.
normen said:

truman said:

You move the object each frame just a bit.. Like a SpatialTransformer does.

It's seems to me the same that a controller does

You create a moving object class extending node having the spatial as child and overid update geometric state.

While this seesm far more complicated at first, it will be more clean when all basic classes are done.

Its creating a moving node, giving it x points and then say how fast and finsihed then.

The reason I changed my mind to use controllers, is because I don't want the bloat in the Model class and I don't want other people to do the same. If you wanted to combine functionality, you wouldn't be able to without writing it all in the same class, but with controllers you can.

If you're writing a game the "right" way though, there's no reason why you would need SpatialController to move an object from point A to point B, there are other, more controlled ways of doing this.

Momoko_Fan said:

The reason I changed my mind to use controllers, is because I don't want the bloat in the Model class and I don't want other people to do the same. If you wanted to combine functionality, you wouldn't be able to without writing it all in the same class, but with controllers you can.
If you're writing a game the "right" way though, there's no reason why you would need SpatialController to move an object from point A to point B, there are other, more controlled ways of doing this.

I'm doing a F1 game
In jme2 I used a CurveController over a PolylineCure to move cars (tracks are dynamic), if there's a better way to approach this, I'd like to do it
thanks
bye