(December 2015) Monthly WIP screenshot thread

I believe it’s turned into December now on most of the planet. Anyway, I will kick this WIP thread off with a screenshot of the Skylimit Tycoon mod editor we’ve been working hard on the last couple of weeks. Hopefully once this is up and running we’ll be able to design rooms rather quickly.

Looking forward to another month of glorious WIP screenshots. Bring it on!

14 Likes

It honestly looks a lot better in motion, but here’s a big space battle. Force fields, explosions with debris, laser beams, plasma blasts, the works.

11 Likes

We have here two super natural enthusiastic guys, an old Doctor and young Journalist, exploring a mysterious cave, a game based on “Inside dragosan cave” (it is Arabic novel)

Here we have a WIP snapshot, for the new location and the young journalist is here too, and we Have an amazing shadow provided by Jmonkey wizards here, diffuse map is not there yet

also a demonstration of AI for NPC this video is a bit older than the image, before I got the young guy so I used temporarily the old guy as NPC, I combined motion path, ray test and ghost collision shape. to give the brain to the NPC

6 Likes

looks hot :sunny:

1 Like

Will there be an English version of the game?

I’m currently working on a new Font system that might also allow to use the Bidi algorithm - so better support for Arabic and Hebrew texts which use mixed read direction for words and numbers. The old BitmapText can only render all right-to-left, so that you must revert numbers manually or by String processor code.

3 Likes

It will be in english
btw few years ago I worked with glob 2 guys to provide bidi for their game
I used fribidi lib
It is c++ but it could help you

1 Like

After two months of break, I got back to my Voxel Engine. I’ve finished light propagation algorithm and added a smooth lighting algorithm.

There are more things do do on light, but I’m very happy with results and performance

10 Likes

…new level done…i have had a lot of trouble getting this one right…finally done, and its midnight…phhuhhh…i hope you like it guys…

36 Likes

I was waiting ur post since yesterday
I am a big fan for ur work

Love this game, looks so awesome!

Candy for the eyes.

My WIP mssao implementation for my OSS deferred renderer :

I post it buggy, because it’s funny :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: but if you have suggestion, ping me.

mssao = Multi-Resolution Screen-Space Ambient Occlusion - GameDev.net

12 Likes

…thank you guys…i really appreciate your words…making games is, far as i can tell, proven to be less funny as i was expecting, so to hear this sort of words is really some sort of positive boost…HW2 is about to be finished and i hope very soon to start showing remastered HW1, which will go on to Steam first, then 2 and finally 3…thanks a lot again…

3 Likes

this is the situation with any full time work whatever how fun is it

I always say: “patience and resistance to frustration are the core attributes of a good programmer - we are a special kind of people - similar to those who spend hours and hours building model airplanes and don’t just simply enjoy life as it is (like the “normal” people do).” :chimpanzee_closedlaugh:

2 Likes

Old joke:

program, n.: A magic spell cast over a computer allowing it to turn one’s input into error messages. tr.v.: To engage in a pastime similar to banging one’s head against a wall, but with fewer opportunities for reward.

7 Likes

Some PBR test scene I’m working on.

There are still some discrepancies between JME render and Substance painter’s but I’m getting close.
Also helps me to properly test our workflow… which is not that great for now

21 Likes

Well suit yourselves guys but I can’t think of a better weekend than to be 100% isolated from humanity with only programming and graphics work to be done

Hey nehon, what do you mean by that? Greetings, :chimpanzee_smile:

That “Substance painter” sounds interesting - I will search for that.

And your scene might look even better with photogrammetry assets like in “The Vanishing of Ethan Carter”…

I would love one of those setups with 150 or so linked cameras all ready to go

Or even just an Artec handheld 3d scanner

I’d kill for one

Kill…