(December 2016) Monthly WIP screenshot thread

Yeah, I did non-particle flames in the end and even then there were a hundred things to tweak.

Your smoke combined with something like this style flame on the end would be pretty sweet:

6 Likes

I was thinking about stealing your spirtes, mine are currently assssssssss

Do I have a chance for seeing your shaders? :slight_smile:

Someday.

Your fire is much more better looking than mine!

This was from a test game I made when I first started JME. It’s pretty much abandoned now but I still mess around with it when I need to test something.

I have been super caught in school work and a medical emergency, so I haven’t had time to do much. But now that I’m doing better and I have two weeks off, I’ll be able to get something out.

1 Like

I hate to be that guy, but when it comes to realistic next gen AAA 5 star photo realistic fire effects I have you all well and truly beaten.

320x240 ultra HD. Phwore.

4 Likes

To be fair, those are pretty good looking RCS thrusters. :smile:

What happened? Are you allright?

2 Likes

Now that I’m thinking about it, I might actually use them for just that!

Nobody knows what happened, they want to say it was a stroke but they aren’t sure. I’m seeing a Neurologist soon to make sure everything’s alright. Right now I’m feeling much better!

Objects organized into spatial ‘bins’ and only the active bins (and neighbors) are managed at any given time.

Animated 1000+ balls cooling down:

4 Likes

Finally moved my DropShadowFilter over to the SimFX project… this let me easily include it in my physics demo.

It really adds a lot to the presence of the objects and costs almost nothing:

10 Likes

Does JME have shaped drop shadows? - #23 by joehot200 Have the same exception. I hope @joehot200 will share how to fix it.

Just so I’m clear, you are getting this NPE running my demo?

Edit: if so then can you post the actual exception so that I have the proper line numbers?

No. Demo works fine. I just have the same exception as @joehot200 . And 99% it is because of the same reasons.

Ok… then I’m confused because the demo uses my drop shadow filter and is working fine for you?

The one I use is from this project:

…but is a direct cut/paste from the one in the IsoSurfaceDemo.

I think one of the other filters can do something bad with a buffer.

Yes. I checked it. TranslucentBucketFilter seems turns prevFilterBuffer.getDepthBuffer().getTexture() into null.

Makes me wonder which filter is at fault.

Is there a reason you want the translucent objects rendered before the drop shadows? The depth information won’t be there anyway so that shadows won’t have the right effect, I think.

I think there are no reasons.
Anyway now I still have a problem: shadows disappear in close distance. @joehot200 fixed it somehow. I hope he will tell :slight_smile:

Weird. They will disappear for sure when you are inside of them. It’s a limitation of the effect unfortunately. But I’ve never seen them disappear just by being close.

Okay. I will try to check if problem just on my side (caused by another filter in a chain or something else).

The drop shadows are rendered as a 3D volume in a box shape. If the near plane intersects that box shape then it will clip away the shadows also.

I only mention that in case you have an unusually large near plane distance or something.