and

GameTaskQueueManager.getManager().getQueue(GameTaskQueue.UPDATE).enqueue(
              new Callable<Object>(){                 
                 public Object call() throws Exception
                 {   
                    return null;
                 }
              });

Which other code snippsets are important to know in the context of OpenGL threads?

The update and render methods of the GameStates are already called within the OpenGL Thread.

I also know the blocking code (but only for updates!?):

Future<Object> f = GameTaskQueueManager.getManager().update(new Callable<Object>() {
         public Object call() throws Exception {
            return null;
         }
      });
      f.get();

I would like to create a new CameraNode during the initialization of my GameState, but therefore I must wait until the DisplaySystem is available, otherwise (still a problem) I'm getting G11.. NullPointer Exception.. whatever ;)
By the way, is there a possibility to use the Future class for this purpose? Moreover I've no clue ATM how the DisplaySystem is created in the StandardGame.. when is the System available to create a second camera with

DisplaySystem.getDisplaySystem().getRenderer().createCamera(DisplaySystem.getDisplaySystem().getWidth(), DisplaySystem.getDisplaySystem().getHeight());

The first block of code is just a simplified mechanism of the second call.

In StandardGame when you call "start" it actually blocks until the game is successfully started and a full rendering has taken place.  This allows you not to have to worry about the initialization stuff not being done yet.