Dynamic collision shape position

Hello,
In this video:

The old fighter performs a high kick
We can see the dynamic collision shape leaves the character collision capsule shape while performing the kick
Then we have the “end of animation” state for a couple of seconds
Then - back to IDLE

I would like to have the IDLE animation exactly in the end of the kick animation position and not going back to where the capsule is.
Is it possible to fix that behavior in code? or do I have to fix the animation itself in Blender?

Thanks!

1 Like

I think the best solution would be to edit the kick animation to be an “in place” animation.

You could do this in Blender. I would probably use Maud and/or Wes.

2 Likes

I tried running Maud and got this:

SEVERE: Uncaught exception thrown in Thread[jME3 Main,5,main]
java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "javax.script.ScriptEngine.eval(java.io.Reader)" because "scriptEngine" is null
        at maud.ScriptLoader.load(ScriptLoader.java:83)
        at com.jme3.asset.DesktopAssetManager.loadLocatedAsset(DesktopAssetManager.java:272)
        at com.jme3.asset.DesktopAssetManager.loadAsset(DesktopAssetManager.java:388)
        at maud.Maud.startup3(Maud.java:288)
        at maud.EditorScreen.update(EditorScreen.java:463)
        at com.jme3.app.state.AppStateManager.update(AppStateManager.java:372)
        at com.jme3.app.SimpleApplication.update(SimpleApplication.java:256)
        at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.runLoop(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:160)
        at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglDisplay.runLoop(LwjglDisplay.java:201)
        at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:242)
        at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:833)
1 Like

Thanks for the bug report.

I believe this is because the JDK you’re using doesn’t include Nashorn. (It was removed from JDK 15.) Do you have a JDK 11 available to try?

1 Like

I will try. Thanks!

1 Like

I did some research into the Nashorn issue.

• The last release of Maud was 1.0.0-beta1, almost 2 years ago. The build instructions specify that version.
  • In February 2022, I discovered that not all JDKs provide Nashorn, so I added a dependency on “org.openjdk.nashorn:nashorn-core”. That should solve the issue for JDKs above 14.

I’ll create a new release of Maud that includes the dependency. (This is mainly a matter of updating the documentation.) In the mean time, if you want to try Maud with your current JDK, update your clone of the repo as follows:

$ cd Maud
$ git checkout master
$ git pull
$
2 Likes

Thank you so much Stephen.

1 Like