Dynamic, extendable localization system

I thought of this just now, a localization system. In general localization systems are pretty simple but they still require a bit of code to work nicely and make it easy for the developer. I wouldn't mind writing it, since I've done it before :slight_smile: Would this be an idea for jME3? I can work out my view of the system, if you like.

Levia said:

I thought of this just now, a localization system. In general localization systems are pretty simple but they still require a bit of code to work nicely and make it easy for the developer. I wouldn't mind writing it, since I've done it before :) Would this be an idea for jME3? I can work out my view of the system, if you like.

jMonkeyPlatform has localizing/internationalization features built in. It can replace all strings in an application and put them into properties files that can be tagged by language.
Cheers,
Normen

Oh sweet! I didn't know that, sorry :slight_smile:

What about NiftyGui? Can the XML files import strings from some other file?

Momoko_Fan said:

What about NiftyGui? Can the XML files import strings from some other file?

Hm, right.. Dont know about that. If theres no support built into nifty, probably you would have to use different sets of nifty.xml files... Hmm... I will look into a way to integrate this into the general internationalization tool.