Eclipse-Plugin for Pair-Programming

I just found a cool eclipse-plugin for pair-programming. You can share a project which then is sent to all people you want to and is automatically created in your workspace. Then you have different roles. Driver (who can change the code) or observer who just has a read-only access. Have a look here (especially the demo-vid).

http://www.eclipseplugincentral.com/Web_Links-index-req-viewlink-cid-1487.html

So this will actually push code out?  Cool!

Any idea if it works with svn linked projects?  This could be a cool tool for assisting new users in setting up jME…  A bunch of projects distributed by this(then again, why not just use svn?)

(then again, why not just use svn?)

Did you see the video? It is for working on the same problem at the same time together. It is more for discussing
maybe with an additional voice-line. You can see what the other one sees, select or edit.  A svn-commit would be in my oppinion the finalization of that coop-work.

Actually since I'm working on my own my only usecase would be for discussing problems in a realtime-environment without the need to give someone a cvs/svn-access to my repo....

yeah, sounds really cool

On a side note…

A friend of mine is considering a project for his final year at uni. He wants to build something he calls code-online. This would be "coding in the cloud" kind of thing. Wher eyou would just browse to your coding factory and you would be able to work on  your code though a web-interface.

The factory would have the regular stuff like nightly builds, junit, svn, jcoverage, checkstyle etc.

No idea yet of the complete feature list but those would be the major ones. Would this be something you would find interesting?

ttrocha said:

(then again, why not just use svn?)

Did you see the video? It is for working on the same problem at the same time together. It is more for discussing
maybe with an additional voice-line. You can see what the other one sees, select or edit.  A svn-commit would be in my oppinion the finalization of that coop-work.

Actually since I'm working on my own my only usecase would be for discussing problems in a realtime-environment without the need to give someone a cvs/svn-access to my repo....

They've gotta put that video link in a more prominent spot or embed it..  That's really nice, I'm curious as to what lagging problems might occur when not working from localhost to localhost though.  Extremely interesting use cases that this opens up  :-o

thats a great plugin. i havn't tested it yet but from the video is looks exactly like what i've been looking for, i've been trying to find a good real time collaborative plugin for eclipse for a while. i'm developing a game with a friend, and svn usually works but not always, and sometimes we just need to both work on it at the same time to figure it out. such as writing two parts of a class at the same time. i wonder if it will work with our 100Mb project though :D.

ractoc said:

A friend of mine is considering a project for his final year at uni. He wants to build something he calls code-online. This would be "coding in the cloud" kind of thing. Wher eyou would just browse to your coding factory and you would be able to work on  your code though a web-interface.
The factory would have the regular stuff like nightly builds, junit, svn, jcoverage, checkstyle etc.

let me know when he finishes, thats another thing i've been looking for  :D.