Editor: jMonkeyBuilder

The fact that other engines don’t support this concept is their limitation and not ours.

I do not criticize the concept, I tried to understand the principle.

What I’m trying to explain is that in the SDK or the JMB, moving light at the same time as an object is convenient in many cases.

I see the presence of LightNode which must certainly solve my problem.
Unless I’m mistaken, it’s a pity that it can not be used directly with the SDK and JMB.

Yes, LightNode is a light that is a node… so you can move it around with the scene graph.

And you can associate the root with it so it lights the whole scene.

Hopefully the difference is clear now.

Yes, it’s a shame that the SDK doesn’t support this. Too bad folks like you who want it are unable to add it.

Yes, it’s a shame that the SDK doesn’t support this. Too bad folks like you who want it are unable to add it.

English is not my native language, I’m not sure I understand all the meaning of your sentence but
rather than complaining, i modified the SDK and added a LightNode via the SceneExplorer.

It seems to work but I still have to do several tests.

Yep, that was my hint. Good job. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I found an issue with working of the control:

Implemented supporting LightControl in the next version:

3 Likes

Added preview of documentation of shader node definition files:

3 Likes

Hey this is looking really solid so far. :smiley:

Got a Question - Does JMonkey Builder have an Entity component system built into it? Just curious.

I don’t have integration with Zay-ES yet

1 Like

Ok,
Good to know. Are there any plans for integrating Zay-ES in the near future?

I’m not going to do it in near future because I need to implement a lot of features with graphics else, but I have plans to start working on this after…

1 Like

Alright awesome!

Great !. I found the problem by modifying the sdk. Two instances of light were then created when the scenegraph was loaded. Lighcontrol no longer changed the good light.

Thanks for the changes

I will stay all this with the sdk

I think I will upload a new build of jMB today :wink:

1 Like

v. 1.3.2
-Added supporting light control.
-Fixed some bugs.

1 Like

This happened when I tried to save my material based on a custom material definition. I had set a vector2 to this material via text editor, because your graphic material editor doesn’t support vector2.
I couldn’t copy the text itself because there was the loading overlay over everything.

ok, I will have fixed it in the next release.

3 Likes

This geometry node looks very promising.
I hope to be able to completely build my Blender shaders in JMB shader nodes

We’ve got discord! Get in there! :slight_smile:

2 Likes