Error when runing on Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS 64-bit

Hi, i’m getting a trouble with starting up my application. The jMonkey runs perfectly, it gives no error. But when i run the project, and then clicked continue to start the game, the error appears.

My OS is Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS 64-bit.

At first, the app are close and gaves 134 exit code, which is the forum tells it’s the driver problem, then i tried to switch the graphics cards, (because my nvidia driver were just installed and it’s really the latest one). I used intell, restarted, and got no luck. Then one of the forum says, try to run it on Root Privileges, i tried, but this one, it gaves me this kind of error:

libGL error: No matching fbConfigs or visuals found
libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
Nov 12, 2017 3:55:24 AM com.jme3.app.LegacyApplication handleError
SEVERE: Failed to create display
org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: X Error - disp: 0x7f559c013470 serial: 95 error: GLXBadContext request_code: 154 minor_code: 4

The project is running normally when i switched to Windows. Did i do something wrong? Or has suggestion to overcome the problem?

Thanks!

What do you mean by this? Can you run a sample jME project? (The one with the blue cube)

Assuming you have a Nvidia graphics card (and that you already tried all proprietary drivers you can), can you try using the Nouveau driver? (You can select it by going to the Dashboard and typing “Additional Drivers”

Also are you trying to launch the game in fullscreen mode? I’m having a similar issue, but in case you are, try launching in windowed mode (which works for me).

Whoa, how do you get those example project, i was finding it all this time…

Tried it, and have no luck either. Let me try that one once again and i’ll come back with the latest result.

Yep, i’m positive that i run it with the windowed mode… this seems strange.

How did you install this driver? and which version do you use?
As far as I remember, jME samples use JWJGL2 as backend, but I think you use LWJGL3, so you can switch to LWJGL2 for your project.

If you’re using jMonkey’s SDK, you can simply Create a New Project > jME3 > BasicGame. It will bootstrap your project with the sample blue cube.

Also, I found out the root problem in my case: it was the refresh rate. If you run your game, it should show the settings dialog. Can you take a screenshot of that please?

I used the Ubuntu’s Additional Driver dashboard. Whoa, you can do that too? How to do that?

Btw here’s the SS

Still same, no luck T.T

Oh btw guys, it’s got even better, i wont run without Root Permission, now :smiley:

1 Like

That’s bad. Did you run anything related to jMonkey (the project or the SDK) with sudo? I know that can break a lot of things, you should never use sudo unless specifically told to.

Does the project run in windowed mode?

Also, tick the fullscreen check box, I’m interested in seeing what refresh rate values it gives you.

Btw i am also having this Problem on Kubuntu 16.10 throughout 17.10, Fullscreen doesnt work

I use nvidia drivers from the PPA Proprietary GPU Drivers : “Graphics Drivers” team

:'D i did run the jmonkey with sudo, and i accidently clicked update.

But i did reinstall it, and… still not changing…

Yup, it did run on windowed mode, but soon after the game window appear, it closes and telling me it’s exit code as 134.

Done, nothing changed.

Btw can you tell me how to do this? i’m interested to try this one.

I don’t know how to do it in the SDK(I don’t use it), but in the case with other IDEs, you need to replace the module jme3-lwjgl3 to jme3-lwjgl in your dependencies.

Oh well, thanks guys for helping me out, i’ll stick in with Windows, i’ll never use jMonkey in Ubuntu ever again, untill new version released.

I stucked at installing the driver, and i dont really sure that it will work either, since the version are the save and i’m unable to switch to it.

So, thanks for helping me out, i’ll use Windows for development then.

Im currently investigating a jME/Java problem that is happening on Ubuntu. In case you still have the system installed, can you write this simple test case and tell me the results?

public static void main(String[] args) {
    GraphicsDevice gd = GraphicsEnvironment.getLocalGraphicsEnvironment().getDefaultScreenDevice();
    for(DisplayMode mode : gd.getDisplayModes()) {
        System.out.println(mode.getWidth() + " * " + mode.getHeight());
        System.out.println("Refresh rate: " + mode.getRefreshRate());
    }
}

Here you go

hayashi@Dexander:~/test$ java Kambing
1366 * 768
Refresh rate: 60
1360 * 768
1024 * 768
Refresh rate: 120
1024 * 768
960 * 720
928 * 696
896 * 672
960 * 600
960 * 540
800 * 600
800 * 600
800 * 600
Refresh rate: 56
840 * 525
800 * 512
700 * 525
640 * 512
720 * 450
640 * 480
640 * 480
680 * 384
576 * 432
512 * 384
400 * 300
Refresh rate: 121
400 * 300
Refresh rate: 113
320 * 240

NB: just reinstalled my Ubuntu.

2 Likes

your example is based on AWT toolkit, but in the case with LWJGL3, it isn’t correct for this.

But the awt is what jme uses to detect screen modes. Strange to see that the reinstalled version works. I guess using the nouveau Driver?

Yes. I’m on Nouveau now… but it will give the exit code 314 thing… segmentation error, etc…

@Ev1lbl0w Can you try to use noveau as well? Maybe it’s a bug in Nvidias Proprietary Drivers?

1 Like

in the case with lwjgl3, it does not matter :smiley:

I’ll try then. I even tried installing the latest nvidia drivers, which resulted in my computer being unusable, so I had to uninstall them and use only the latest version Ubuntu points me to. I’ll report when I finish then.