(February 2014) Monthly WIP Screenshot Thread

@sgold said: [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVK3e8dRlbs[/video]

The moon (Io in this case) is rendered off-screen and then composited into the sky using SkyControl. The dark areas of the moon, which look black at night, turn blue during the day, yet stars do not shine through them.

Very pretty. This is really turning out nice.

And yeah, the 'see stars through the moon" thing is something that really bugs me about my current Mythruna implementation but I already have a plan to solve that a different way someday. It’s fun to hear people complain about it, though. Shows they are paying attention. :slight_smile:

1 Like
@pspeed said: It's fun to hear people complain about it, though. Shows they are paying attention. :)
You know how we french call that kind of people right? :D

@sgold nice work!

I’m proud of these screenshots.

On the next picture you can see the smoke coming out of the exhaust. :slight_smile:

This is pretty much the final version of the game, so constructive criticism is welcome. Or required. :slight_smile:

Please also give me your opinion as a gamer.

Also, @pspeed how well am I doing with the lighting on my game?

Please disregard the Heads Up Display (HUD). I haven’t worked on it so it’s hard to see, and has typos, I know. Again, I haven’t worked on it for a while.

4 Likes

Wow… looks really nice!

@t0neg0d said: Wow... looks really nice!

Thanks. You guys/gals helped a lot too. >.<

@Pixelapp said: Also, @pspeed how well am I doing with the lighting on my game?

Heheh. Looking much better.

What are you using for the car shadows on the ground?

@pspeed I’m using DirectionalLightShadowRender. I wish I could use the post processor shadows, but android doesn’t support them. I guess I’ll have to optimize for pc afterwards.

@Pixelapp said: @pspeed I'm using DirectionalLightShadowRender. I wish I could use the post processor shadows, but android doesn't support them. I guess I'll have to optimize for pc afterwards.

If you are talking about JME’s post shadows then they should give about the same effect.

@pspeed I guess I’ll stick with this shadow render then.

If you have that few objects & run on android so yes you’d best use the renderer anyway.

People are getting lazy with their updates. @benmitchellperry for instance, I saw that tumblr update of yours, get your beautiful Copod booty over here!

1 Like

@erlend_sh Ha! I’ve just witnessed a booty-call.

1 Like

Did somebody want to see my booty?

Here is a preview of one of the new powers:

And here is a screenshot of the new laser enemy:

There is also a new little website for my game which you can find here. You can download the latest build there and check out the soundtrack.

A more in-depth list of the changes can be found here.

Download the latest version here.

10 Likes

Yeeeeh, shake it!

1 Like

Here’s my heavy-hitter riding in his kart.

4 Likes

Project Terranium:

Goal: using a high detail terrain on gpu’s where possible. Basically a new terrain system with a transparent fallback to old terrain code.
Target: very large terrains, with large range of view

Note, TerrainQuad would probably perform better if i would be able to set patchsizes > 250.

Whats to do: Rewrite/Optimize shaders so that the result is as similar as possible

7 Likes

Finished texturing my model, next time should be some eye candy of the model in JME

9 Likes
@nehon said: Finished texturing my model, next time should be some eye candy of the model in JME

@nehon : That seriously kool!!! :-o :slight_smile: =D

What ^^^^ said

I hate to follow @nehon’s awesome models but I finally have something to show and this has been a crappy month for progress.

Here is a screen shot of Mythruna’s book-based user interface component integrated into the main menu. Still a lot of fleshing out to do on the actual pages:

A still image doesn’t really do it justice, though. Video is best viewed in 720p:
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OR9PyTkjknE[/video]

6 Likes