(February 2014) Monthly WIP Screenshot Thread

Wow… that is awesome!

i’m teared apart between Lemur and ToneGodGui. They both can do cool things. It would be cool if you merged 2 projects :slight_smile:

@mifth said: i'm teared apart between Lemur and ToneGodGui. They both can do cool things. It would be cool if you merged 2 projects :)

No one in their right mind would work with me… plus, they both can work in the same project.

EDIT: I could see it now… brought to you by a professional developer… and some house wife who irritated the fuck out of him the entire time :wink:

@t0neg0dA professional developer... and some house wife who irritated the fuck out of him the entire time ;)
together... they fight crime.
2 Likes
@t0neg0d said:

EDIT: I could see it now… brought to you by a professional developer… and some house wife who irritated the fuck out of him the entire time :wink:

Chris, you’ve got to stop that.

You’re better or as good as many “pro devs” I know. Demeaning yourself with the talent you’ve got is childish, please stop. FFS, Normen isn’t a pro dev and look what he’s done! Like you he’s a hobbyist. A diploma means nothing.

So please, stop. :slight_smile:

@madjack said: Chris, you've got to stop that.

You’re better or as good as many “pro devs” I know. Demeaning yourself with the talent you’ve got is childish, please stop. FFS, Normen isn’t a pro dev and look what he’s done! Like you he’s a hobbyist. A diploma means nothing.

So please, stop. :slight_smile:

!!! It’s all in good fun! I don’t really think any less (or more) of myself than is warranted.

Meanwhile, back at the bat cave:

@pspeed said: I hate to follow @nehon's awesome models but I finally have something to show and this has been a crappy month for progress.

Here is a screen shot of Mythruna’s book-based user interface component integrated into the main menu. Still a lot of fleshing out to do on the actual pages:

A still image doesn’t really do it justice, though. Video is best viewed in 720p:
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OR9PyTkjknE[/video]

Hi guys/girls,

I am pleased to share some eye candy with you of a new game we wrote in jME for android devices.
It is really very much FUN and I am almost certain all of you who owns an android device will appreciate the game.

It is an old arcade style classic of Whack a Mole.
Enjoy: Google Play Store

And then some screenshots:

and

Gameplay

7 Likes
@ndebruyn said: Hi guys/girls,

I am pleased to share some eye candy with you of a new game we wrote in jME for android devices.
It is really very much FUN and I am almost certain all of you who owns an android device will appreciate the game.

It is an old arcade style classic of Whack a Mole.

Nice.

I feel like you have made more games than all of the rest of us combined at this point. :slight_smile:

1 Like
@pspeed said: Nice.

I feel like you have made more games than all of the rest of us combined at this point. :slight_smile:

ROFL… This is incredibly true… and incredibly sad (for everyone but him) :wink:

Yeah I try,
honestly, every day is a learning curve…

@ndebruyn that’s great man! You should make a new thread for that. It’s a completed game, I wanna link to it :wink:

p.s. you should keep an eye on the WIP iOS deployment if you aren’t already. It’s getting sooo close!

Man I know, I can not keep myself in for that feature.
But for now, android will have to do!!!

@ndebruyn said: Man I know, I can not keep myself in for that feature. But for now, android will have to do!!!

Your nicely optimized, complete games would make awesome test cases for the cross-compilation… Maybe we can help each other at some point :slight_smile:

Just got my new android phone on sunday so I could start work on a 3d platformer, I have most of the basics in place. The longest part, I think, will be designing all the levels. As you can see, the game will be using a mixture of 3d models and pixel art slapped onto some 2d quads. I’m not quite sure yet how i’m going to convert things like moving around in 3d space over to android yet, I’ve never made an android game, I am just making it for pc first, then I will somehow find a way to get it on android…

4 Likes
@javagame said: (...) I'm not quite sure yet how i'm going to convert things like moving around in 3d space over to android yet,
Maybe you could pull a Fez and simply rotate the camera around? Would keep the controls simple, which is essential on mobile.
1 Like

Very nice, I like your style.
If I can be of help, make sure you design it from start for android, taking into account your controls, and graphics and gameplay.
This is very important as it will bite you later in the BUT!!!

@erlend_sh said: Maybe you could pull a Fez and simply rotate the camera around? Would keep the controls simple, which is essential on mobile.

Yes a friend was telling me about this yesterday on teamspeak but I’ve not actually played the game. How is it that you can’t see the depth to his models? Can jmonkey do anything like this? I know you can press numpad 5 in blender to put your camera into this kind of perspective, but I don’t think I’ve ever actually seen it in a game up until now.

@ndebruyn said: Very nice, I like your style. If I can be of help, make sure you design it from start for android, taking into account your controls, and graphics and gameplay. This is very important as it will bite you later in the BUT!!!!

Thanks, I will start reading about android deployment right away.

@ndebruyn Small question: I’ve added some invisible t0neg0d buttons on each half of my screen, the one on the left does the same as pressing ‘A’ or left key, and the one on the right is the same as pressing ‘D’ or right key. They are set to set a ‘moving left’ kind of boolean to true when focused, and clear it when focus is lost, will this transfer to directly android as touch events?

@javagame said: @ndebruyn Small question: I've added some invisible t0neg0d buttons on each half of my screen, the one on the left does the same as pressing 'A' or left key, and the one on the right is the same as pressing 'D' or right key. They are set to set a 'moving left' kind of boolean to true when focused, and clear it when focus is lost, will this transfer to directly android as touch events?

Yep… all android related events (multi-touch/multi-drag/etc/etc) are all functioning well.

Heh… just re-read this… there is no such thing as focus events in android. You’ll have to move this to the mouse down/mouse up events

1 Like