(February 2014) Monthly WIP Screenshot Thread

@t0neg0d You bloody legend

Please, try to not hijack the screenshot thread with questions.

2 Likes

Sorry

Getting rid of my own stuff and using jfx now, possible thanks to abies awesome work :slight_smile:

http://empirephoenix.github.io/JME3-JFX/

3 Likes

I finally have something worth sharing in one of these WIP threads! Wellā€¦ something better than my negative-space blue box-shaped cutout game.

So, anyways, Iā€™m almost done with my replacement for BitmapText for tonegodGUI and it freaking rocks! The replacement is based on the AnimText class I wrote a while back (and never added to the library apparently).

Iā€™ve just recently finished up character and word wrap, so it is now multi-line. And only have a few things left to do before Iā€™ll start the process of phasing out BitmapText completely.

The coolest part of this whole thing is the incredible effects you can run against the text, as each character has itā€™s own:

origin
translation
rotation
scale
parent linkage
color
etc, etcā€¦

It performs quite a bit better than BitmapText when dynamically altering both text display string, or just resizing the text bounds (dynamic wrapping). It also solves all of the alignment related issues that I struggled with while using BitmapText. This change negates the need to constantly validate line width, line height, character height, etc, etc when altering the text, font size, etc.

Iā€™m incredibly excited about thisā€¦ and even more proud of it. Check out the final part of this vid to see a sample of what I mean by running effects against text.

[video]http://youtu.be/6Vkwq9kh1TI[/video]

Itā€™s also nice to start finally integrating some of the 2D framework into the GUI library.

7 Likes

And for any who might say this is a screen shot thread, the video is a screenshotā€¦ itā€™s just hundreds of them shown one after the otherā€¦ soooo pbpbpbpbpb.

@t0neg0d: Nicely done :smiley:

1 Like

So I redone the login screen with jfx now:

Vs the old one

The jfx one still misses a bit css styling tho.

1 Like

Ok. Ya. Thatā€™s pretty darned schexy.

Click the link to play the latest Kartex Demo:

Latest Kartex Demo

1 Like

Hello monthly screenshot champs! Working on anything cool these days? Whether itā€™s the same thing as it was back when this thread started or something brand new, however big or small, please consider sharing it for the 2015 jMonkeyEngine showcase video:

Keep the WIPs coming!