(February 2018) Monthly WIP screenshot thread

WIP Volumetric clouds:

Cloud volume is modelled with weather textures + worley noise.
Rendered with ray marching at half the resolution with 16 samples per ray.

Temporal sampling is visible at the beginning. Few seconds after it is turned off without visible change of quality.

31 Likes

CarGame is slowly expanding. I plan to release update at the end of this month.
For now, Car8 is on the wheels and a river has been added to the environment.

17 Likes

Made a lot of progress since my last screenshot :wink:

18 Likes

Have you thought about adding a skybox?

3 Likes

Well, what an idea!

2 Likes

Playing with some effects, trying to decide how I want things to look.

27 Likes

Hi folks, it’s been a while…

Playing with some evolving creatures, I found a paper from Karl Sims that I wanted to try. I implemented some features but no 100% of it.

Trying to generate a behavior that could follow a target (red cube)…many generations but still no huge result.

16 Likes

And me again…

I am trying to put a game that I did into Steam…

Wish me luck with this since I dont have any marketing campaign or whatever.

24 Likes

Anyone needs some holograms? Decided to port this: GitHub - andydbc/HologramShader: ✏ Test of an hologram material made in Unity. over to jme today in order to practice shaders and I think it turned out pretty good :slight_smile:

27 Likes

This looks really nice! :+1:

Cool!

I have tried before to make 3D spheres steer towards a blue orb (arbitrary point in space) with a genetic algorithm (of neural networks), but it never quite worked out:

I eventually decided my approach was wrong, and that I should give them some sort of ‘eyes’ and a less forgiving natural selection, but I have not yet created something new.

How are your creatures evolving? Do you mutate some every generation or are they learning on the go?
Also, how do you make them steer? Do they give a direction of output or a rotation (do they strafe or do they rotate)?
I’m interested in your aproach, because it looks really good.

5 Likes

Wowww your proof looks awesome!

How are your creatures evolving? Do you mutate some every generation or are they learning on the go?
Also, how do you make them steer? Do they give a direction of output or a rotation (do they strafe or do they rotate)?

Well let me try to briefly explain what I got so far:

Every creature as you might see has green parts, and each green part has inputs/neurons/and outputs. Each part could be connected to other creature parts as well.

The output could be a central force applied by a vector defined on each part…or also a torque with the direction of a vector too.

The population is for instance 10 creatures, and on each generation I took the best ones (lets say I took 5) and fill the remaining population with a cloned version of those best ones, but with some slight mutation on the weights of the neurons - and evaluate again and again…

I did many tests but I still don´t see a good result…I suspect my evaluation function is the problem but Im having so much fun.

Anyways, I could share the code if you like, just ping me.

Cool! Do you plan to release the source?

If anyone wants it, I don’t see why not, since it’s already a port of an open source shader.

3 Likes

Is that your own particle emitter or do you use the one from jme? looks cool.

Implemented for jME:
http://www.geeks3d.com/20140704/tutorial-introduction-to-opengl-4-3-shader-storage-buffers-objects-ssbo-demo/

4 Likes

I want it! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This looks interesting, however even after reading the link I still have no idea of an use case. Could you explain what is it good for?

I started a thread here:

3 Likes

Using my new Lemur MigLayout class, my new anchored pullout container class and my new rotatable text component class I can now implement animated pullout panels in minutes.

EDIT: Oh I forgot my new texture atlas icon component that gets it’s icons from a single icon sheet image using my texture atlas shader node code.

16 Likes