I am currently working on a "Remake" of the well-known game "Battleships" which I played a lot when I was a child. So I decided to develop this game in 3D by using jMonkeyEngine!
This time I spent much more time planning my whole application. There are a lot of people who like things seperated such as (game) logic and visualization. So I decided to follow this pattern this time as well and I have to say that I came pretty far in a very short time.
Thats what I did:
- Fully implemented game logic
- First graphical visualization (nothing special but it can be replaced very easily)
- Singleplayer (human against human and human against computer(still need to be done))
- Multiplayer mode (working without any problems)
- Shoot animations
- Auto Set (for ship placement)
Singleplayer mode against the computer (I still have to implement the "AI", for now I am the computer)
As you can see the logic of the game is pretty much done, now I will focus on graphics, including ship models, sounds, special effects and so on.
However, I hope you like it and I probably will show a video including some gameplay when I have something new to show!