Flesh Snatcher : FPS / Survival

@nics It happened in the beginning. I just tested some other webstart prog and same problem, then searched that error from net and surprise, comodo is the one what to blame. I added it to trusted apps and now I can start .jnlp IF I first copy it to the desktop (if I try to run it under Opera pressing PLAY DEMO, I still got the same error. Downloading it now. Btw, nice pics.

@mifth

Oh thank you !

Ok for my next project, but I wanted already to finish Flesh Snatcher, so I think it won’t be before 10 mounth :wink: .

@larda

Oh ok, I’m glad you found the problem, that reassures me selfishly :stuck_out_tongue: . So I wish you a good test and thank you for the pics :slight_smile: .

Hello,

just a little post to inform the modeling of the level 2 progresses fine. A little screen ?

Otherwise, I can say last week I worked on a new stairs climbing algorithm and I succeeded to make a very smoother one, like in “real games” :wink: . Now I’m gonna put stairs everywhere :smiley: !

4 Likes

Hello everyone !

I have today the joy to announce that Flesh Snatcher is in virtual exhibition on the french site Mixed3D for 2 mounth.

It’s on http://mixed3d.free.fr/spip/

So if you speak french don’t hesitate to visit this great site showing very interesting web and 3D projects !

2 Likes

Very nice. I don’t speak French, but I could understand everything :slight_smile: . I’m downloading the demo :slight_smile: .

Oh, thank you very much, have a nice test !

Great news indeed! Excellent work :slight_smile:

Thank you very much :smiley: !

…And the modeling continues again and again !

Nice progress. I went to that website and I have to say that one of my favourite screen caps you have there is the one with the red hallway and chairs. Really neat horror feel to it. Nice work!

Hey, thank you very much ! It’s true this screen is especially… red :smiley: !

And the modelling continues, but not as fast as I wished :frowning: .

A little WIP screen of the inside of the church ?

1 Like

awesome

1 Like

Ha ha, I love your comment, simple and efficient, thank you very much :smiley: !

Hello !

This mounth, I hadn’t very much time for the modeling, but I still took a moment to finish the inside of my church :wink: . So here are immediately a few screens :

And next step : a nice little cemetary :wink: .

1 Like

Awesome,… Thx for showing the world that our jME2 is also capable to play with the big bosses :smiley:

Thank you very much :smiley: . It’s true jME2 is still able to do cool things ! It’s simply perfect for what I plan to do :wink: .

Hello and happy new year to everyone !

For 2012, my resolution is to finish at least this f*****g game ! That’s why, after a little pause, I worked on it seriously this week and began to modelize new pieces of scenery.

So, here is a superb tunnel to access to a crypt under the church :

And what we found in it (this piece is still WIP for the textures mapping…) :

Here is also my first try for the cemetary (where I tried a few trees, well two…) :

And to finish a little arty view : I like the desolate feeling in this screen (yes, I congratulate myself, now !)

Otherwise, I noticed that my famous “soft stairs climbing”, applied to the enemies, makes the IA driving mad sometimes (without really understanding why…), so only the player will benefit from this algorithm :wink: .

I must say I’m sorry for the delay about the next demo, what I’ll do is to put online all the “church area” (first part of the level) in approximatively 2 weeks, the time to finish one last room and to program the new enemies :wink: .

PS : One last screen, almost live ! It can be called “a scary path” :

Haha, that is just cool :smiley: Plans to maybe switch to JME3 and benefit from the modern features (shaders, physics)?

Wow. Looks awesome!

Thank you very much to both of you 8) !

About JME3, actually one goal of the project is to be runnable on every hardwares, which is not really compatible with shaders… For example, I have a laptop which doesn’t support even GLSL, so I couldn’t even try the game :roll: !

For the physics, that’s stupid but I feel kind of proud to use my own collisions detection ! And I think these BSP-based algorithms are adapted for an old-school gameplay like I plan to do :wink: . In fact, JME3 is too powerful for my little game (it scares me :evil: ) !

The atmosphere in the game looks really great and fitting for its style :slight_smile: The lightmapping works really well for your indoor scenes

So what will we be fighting in those places? Zombies? Vampires? :o