Flesh Snatcher : FPS / Survival

Yes, I curious about how you can do that so call “lightmapping” without a shader??? Or I’m so stupid asking that? :stuck_out_tongue: Any way, the atmosphere is great IMO, I remind me of Quake 2 (old school guys) :stuck_out_tongue:

@Momoko_Fan

Thank you ! Unfortunately, the enemies will be still temporary :frowning: . So that permits me to let the surprise about the final ones :wink: !

@atomix

Thank you ! For the lightmapping, It’s “simply” some bitmap textures that I apply to my models :wink: . I must admit I don’t compute them myself, I use the great little soft FSRad !

Hello !

I finished theorically the last room (let there be rocks !) :

I must say I’m not really satisfied of the result, even if I spent 2 nights on it ! Nevertheless, I will let like this for the next demo and work it back later.

Last step : program the enemies :wink: .

It’s the texture on the stairs/planks that breaks it up too much. Way too plain. If you made the long one look like a plank, and the stair ones either stone or something akin to a rope bridge, or a bolted in wooden stairway or something, I think the scene would look way better.

That said, always better to push through the next big milestone, gogo demo :smiley:

Ha ha ! Thank you for your advices, I totally agree with them : better textures and more details to break all these straight lines!

And actually, I think the demo will be online soon, in 2/3 days,

I finished the enemies behaviors, just have to place them in the map, add few objects and scripts, and here we are !

See you very soon :smiley:

Glad to hear it! By the way, you’ve been added to the jME showcase :slight_smile:

Hey, thank you very much :smiley: !!

I just saw myself and I must say it’s a great honor to be with these awesome games !

So now I have the pressure for the demo :smiley: !

This is soooo unrelated (aside from I played the game and enjoyed it)…

But I can’t help but read the name of the game backwards due to dyslexia.

Makes for a laugh every time :slight_smile:

Rechtans Shelf :?

@normen said:
Rechtans Shelf :?

your better than me somehow I got "flesh her snatch" :? :o 8O :roll:

Ha ha ! For me, impossible to pronounce the vowels : “fleshssnnshhhrrr !”

I see Snatch Flesher… :evil:

…for that our queer ninja is out of the game xD

Hello,

here we are, the new demo is online !

It’s playable on http://fleshsnatcher.sourceforge.net/demo/ .

The contents is the first part of the level 2, actually I plan to submit successively every levels as and when they’ll be made, to correct the defaults and/or improve the gaming experience, with your help.

So if you see problems, or things to change don’t hesitate to give your opinion no matter the aspect : bugs, technique, gameplay, design, graphics, sound, etc…

till then, good game :wink: !

PS : if you found the level 1 too easy, check this one :smiley: !

@nics great work man, plays fantastic !

couple of small things I noticed :

• you can see the church ‘pop in’ if you walk from the back of the 2nd room(?) towards the stairs
  • after clearing the first fight (outside the church), the door at the top of the ramp opens … well you can jump from that ramp over the rail get around the back of the church :stuck_out_tongue: … and you can’t jump back over the rail once you’re up there.
  • its a bit tough to tell when you’ve finally killed an enemy … in contrast to how super easy to tell when you’ve finished off a turret.

The entire thing is so tight though I was really pushing to find anything wrong to give feedback on.

Top stuff mate.

Hey, thanks a lot for your test, and your fast answer !

For the church pop, ha ha exact I forgot to set the visibility shapes correctly :roll: , it will be done.

For the rail jump, oops, that stinks a lot !! Thank you, I’ll correct it as soon as possible.

for the “monsters”'s death, that’s right I have to do something more visible, even temporarily :wink: .

I note all this down, and thanks for your encouragement :smiley: .

PS : I just put the standalone version online, with also the current sources, on http://sourceforge.net/projects/fleshsnatcher/ :wink: .

Hello,

the release 2 of the demo is online ! It brings a few improvements and fixes, I hope, most of the defaults of the last one .

Inside :

• 3 difficulty modes
  • checkpoints (only on easy mode)
  • sniper-style zoom on the right-click
  • collisions improvement
  • level-design bugs fixed (trapped in the crypt, jump over the church rail)
  • visibility bugs fixed
  • enemies’s death more…visible :smiley:
  • background of the keys images transparent
  • blood more natural (darker)
  • upturned turrets in the crypt
  • bug on turrets orientation fixed

And it’s always in test on : http://fleshsnatcher.sourceforge.net/demo/ :wink: . Of course, I still wait with joy your comments :smiley: .
1 Like

Hello, sorry to re-post but I have a little request :

According to certain problems which occur on Mac in particular, I just put online a new version based on LWJGL 2.8.3 .

Please, can you reload the game and tell me if all works fine ?

Ideally, if you have a Mac and tried to play unsuccessfully, can you retry now ?

(on http://fleshsnatcher.sourceforge.net/demo/ )

Thank you :slight_smile: !

@nics said:
a Mac

..running 10.5 Leopard or earlier

Cool, thank you :slight_smile: !