Frustum cuts off! A way to avoid this?

Hola,

this question for sure is asked quite often!? But after searching the forum I didnt find a something useful:

I’m doing something like a 3D-Ego-Mode-Test and want have arms appear quite at the very beginning.

Well the near frustum is doing what it should be cut off everything nearer than 1.0f. Ok,…so now I have the problem with the backfaces that are not shown…everything clear. Here is a pic:

How can I avoid this? Is backface culling the word of choice!? I’m really frustrated…(maybe I’m too long at the computer already…) I would really like if someone could help me here…

EDIT: I know tried Cullstate.FACE.Front! That looked bit better,…but strange…

armsHelper.setRenderState(DisplaySystem.getDisplaySystem().getRenderer().createCullState());
((CullState)armsHelper.getRenderState(RenderState.StateType.Cull)).setCullFace(CullState.Face.Front);
armsHelper.updateRenderState();

Thx, ToM

can't you draw the arms or weapon further on the side or lower on the screen, so that they don't get cut off by the frustum.

finally I changed the position a bit and the angle looking in the scene. And turned off all culling stuff! (Which

I still don’t understand the right way)  And now it looks like I wanted to do it this way :smiley:

Nevertheless thx and have a nice week (argh,…the weekend is over again)

EDIT: Now I have the problem that if for example I run beside a enemy (in image) it is cut off again. How can I do it, that it then just vanishes? Or how is the normal way to achieve this!?