Good java development practice regarding blame?

From: Troubleshooting - StandardGame locks up in WebStart

darkfrog said:

...and don't blame poor StandardGame every time something breaks in your code.  ;)

What? I thought that was a recommended java development practice. XD What should I blame then?

What/whom do the rest of you blame whenever your code breaks? :)

Oh we all blame darkfrog, but just in general and not for any one evil he has inflicted upon us.

Oh, I see… So what darkfrog was really trying to say was "Don't blame StandardGame for any unrelated errors, blame me personally." :smiley:

That seems to fit better into what I've experienced so far in this forum. I will update my personal policy guidelines at once…

Still, I also like blaming cosmic rays and freak quantum entanglement for small errors appearing in my code…

"It must have mutated while I compiled it" also works. :slight_smile:

My personal favorite things-to-blame in development:

1. multithreading
  2. lack of caffeine
  3. overdose on caffeine
  4. multithreading
  5. the user! it's all the user's fault, it worked all right here!

My programs do never have bugs. Instead, they have unwanted/unexpected features.

It's the graphics card drivers! Aaaaalways the drivers!!!  :smiley:

Gentleman Hal said:

Oh we all blame darkfrog, but just in general and not for any one evil he has inflicted upon us.

...that does sound about right. 
MrCoder said:

It's the graphics card drivers! Aaaaalways the drivers!!!  :D

I get such a nice little message that tells me when there are new versions of my drivers available at the official website, so my drivers are always actual. Most people I know, use Linux (openSuSE) too.

PS. I'm typing this on Ubuntu, out of free will. (That would be the same if a die-hard Mac fain said: ps I'm typing this on Windows Vista, out of free will)
SeySayux said:

My programs do never have bugs. Instead, they have unwanted/unexpected features.

My programs on the other hand are all interesting bugs that behave in a quasi-orderly manner...  So I blame the uncertainty principle when they actually work as (un)expected.