Help - Starting A Project

Hi,

I haven't posted this in JME physics rooms, but looking at most of the discussions here I would like to explain what I am working on.

My project aims to enable the user to manipulate every body part of a tennis player and store different frames which can be combined or threaded to give an animation as an output tennis stroke. In a way, the user should be able to define each stroke frame by frame.

Firstly, it would be great if you could guide me to links which provide free 3d models, because I have tried making one in Max, and have failed miserably with a lot of time consumption too. Till i don't get a proper 3D model of a tennis player, I'll move forward with a sprite provided in Milkshape which has the basic bone structure.

Secondly, I would like to know if this is possible and will JME-physics be of help in this or JME alone ?

If yes, then how should I start doing this, I have already gone throught the tutorials and user guide of JME but not of JME-Physics.

Please do tell me what other tutorials, examples and lessons should I go through in order to complete my project.

Waiting eagerly for your response,

Thank you

Maybe what you want is to dig up a bit into the animation controller implementation of jME and understand how custom animations can be performed. They usually are defined as interpolation of rotation in the joints of a model. This is called a rigid transformation, and there are several tutorials online (not on the jME site) to do this. Finding an animated model for your project would not necessarily help much since you want to create the animations programatically, what you need is to get a fully boned human model, I am sure you can find some googling it.

Ok. But will JME alone do the job or JME physics would come into action ?

Also, any related demos in JME that could help me learn or is it an entirely new topic I am touching on ?

I have gone through JME tutorials but not the physics ones.

Thank you

I don't think you will need physics if you will specify all key-frames by hand. Simple quaternion interpolation will do the trick  XD

I don't think you should get into jMEPhysics for this either.