How can i apply alpha-3 release on alpha-1?

i installed jmonkey 3.1 alpha 1 on my ubuntu desktop, and it works well.
alpha 3 had released last week so i try to use alpha 3, but i don’t know what should i do.

i downloaded “jME3.1-alpha3.zip” file.
then What should I do?

Did you download new SDK or just the engine for alpha3?

i have a file “jME3.1-alpha3.zip”, and extracted it, but i don’t know how to apply this files to my jmonkey3.1-alpha1 directory…

~/Desktop/jMe3.1-alpha3/
to
~/jmonkeyplatform

thank for your reply

Hi
You may know that JME Engine libraries are now separated from JME SDK (which is based on netbeans).
You have downloaded the engine libraries .(and they do not contains the SDK bug fix and updates)
The easy solution would be to download SDK again from here : Releases · jMonkeyEngine/sdk · GitHub and uninstall previous JME and install the new one.
In this way you will have the Latest Updates from engine and also from SDK.

1 Like

thank you!
i never know that repository sdk(github.com/jmonkey/sdk) is exist.
i try it.
i love jmonkey :smiley:

1 Like

Me too. :grinning:

i’m trying 3.1 alpha 3.

however stopped at splash screen…

3.1 alpha 2 - final makes same result.

should i report some log files?

Yes please, however I don’t know where to look for the appropriate log files (especially since it’s OS dependant).

BUT: Are you running Ubuntu/Linux by any chance?
It looks like you’ve also experienced the “Select Workspace Bug”.
Take a close look at the outside of the SplashScreen, could it, by any chance, be, that there’s a window behind?

If so, try to grab it and select your workspace there.
This seems to be a Netbeans Internal Issue that the Dialog is placed behind the Splashscreen…

the image is jmonkeyplatform-linux-x64 .sh execute result.

and… i copied log file from “.jmonkeyplatform/3.1.0-alpha3/var/log/messages.log” after kill splash screen.

sudo .jmonkeyplatform
→ not work too.

I hope this report will help.

Log Session: Monday, March 21, 2016 6:54:50 PM KST
System Info:
Product Version = jMonkeyEngine SDK 3.1.0-alpha3
Operating System = Linux version 4.2.0-34-generic running on amd64
Java; VM; Vendor = 1.8.0_74; Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM 25.74-b02; Oracle Corporation
Runtime = Java™ SE Runtime Environment 1.8.0_74-b02
Java Home = /home/username/jmonkeyplatform/jdk/jre
System Locale; Encoding = en_US (jmonkeyplatform); UTF-8
Home Directory = /home/username
Current Directory = /
User Directory = /home/username/.jmonkeyplatform/3.1.0-alpha3
Cache Directory = /home/username/.jmonkeyplatform/3.1.0-alpha3/var/cache
Installation = /home/username/jmonkeyplatform/jmonkeyplatform
/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/extide
/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/harness
/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/ide
/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/java
/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/nb
/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/platform
Boot & Ext. Classpath = /home/username/jmonkeyplatform/jdk/jre/lib/resources.jar:/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/jdk/jre/lib/rt.jar:/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/jdk/jre/lib/sunrsasign.jar:/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/jdk/jre/lib/jsse.jar:/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/jdk/jre/lib/jce.jar:/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/jdk/jre/lib/charsets.jar:/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/jdk/jre/lib/jfr.jar:/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/jdk/jre/classes:/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/jdk/jre/lib/ext/sunpkcs11.jar:/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/jdk/jre/lib/ext/dnsns.jar:/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/jdk/jre/lib/ext/cldrdata.jar:/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/jdk/jre/lib/ext/jfxrt.jar:/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/jdk/jre/lib/ext/localedata.jar:/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/jdk/jre/lib/ext/zipfs.jar:/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/jdk/jre/lib/ext/nashorn.jar:/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/jdk/jre/lib/ext/sunec.jar:/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/jdk/jre/lib/ext/sunjce_provider.jar:/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/jdk/jre/lib/ext/jaccess.jar
Application Classpath = /home/username/jmonkeyplatform/platform/lib/boot.jar:/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/platform/lib/org-openide-modules.jar:/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/platform/lib/org-openide-util.jar:/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/platform/lib/org-openide-util-lookup.jar:/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/platform/lib/org-openide-util-ui.jar:/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/platform/lib/locale/boot_ja.jar:/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/platform/lib/locale/boot_pt_BR.jar:/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/platform/lib/locale/boot_ru.jar:/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/platform/lib/locale/boot_zh_CN.jar:/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/platform/lib/locale/org-openide-modules_ja.jar:/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/platform/lib/locale/org-openide-modules_pt_BR.jar:/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/platform/lib/locale/org-openide-modules_ru.jar:/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/platform/lib/locale/org-openide-modules_zh_CN.jar:/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/platform/lib/locale/org-openide-util_ja.jar:/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/platform/lib/locale/org-openide-util-lookup_ja.jar:/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/platform/lib/locale/org-openide-util-lookup_pt_BR.jar:/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/platform/lib/locale/org-openide-util-lookup_ru.jar:/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/platform/lib/locale/org-openide-util-lookup_zh_CN.jar:/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/platform/lib/locale/org-openide-util_pt_BR.jar:/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/platform/lib/locale/org-openide-util_ru.jar:/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/platform/lib/locale/org-openide-util-ui_ja.jar:/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/platform/lib/locale/org-openide-util-ui_pt_BR.jar:/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/platform/lib/locale/org-openide-util-ui_ru.jar:/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/platform/lib/locale/org-openide-util-ui_zh_CN.jar:/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/platform/lib/locale/org-openide-util_zh_CN.jar:/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/jdk/lib/dt.jar:/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/jdk/lib/tools.jar
Startup Classpath = /home/username/jmonkeyplatform/platform/core/org-netbeans-libs-asm.jar:/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/platform/core/org-openide-filesystems-compat8.jar:/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/platform/core/core.jar:/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/platform/core/org-openide-filesystems.jar:/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/platform/core/asm-all-5.0.1.jar:/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/platform/core/core-base.jar:/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/platform/core/locale/core-base_zh_CN.jar:/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/platform/core/locale/org-openide-filesystems_ru.jar:/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/platform/core/locale/org-openide-filesystems-compat8_ru.jar:/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/platform/core/locale/org-netbeans-libs-asm_ja.jar:/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/platform/core/locale/core_ja.jar:/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/platform/core/locale/core-base_ru.jar:/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/platform/core/locale/core_zh_CN.jar:/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/platform/core/locale/core_ru.jar:/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/platform/core/locale/org-netbeans-libs-asm_ru.jar:/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/platform/core/locale/org-netbeans-libs-asm_pt_BR.jar:/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/platform/core/locale/org-openide-filesystems-compat8_pt_BR.jar:/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/platform/core/locale/core-base_pt_BR.jar:/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/platform/core/locale/org-openide-filesystems_pt_BR.jar:/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/platform/core/locale/core-base_ja.jar:/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/platform/core/locale/org-openide-filesystems_zh_CN.jar:/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/platform/core/locale/org-openide-filesystems-compat8_zh_CN.jar:/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/platform/core/locale/org-openide-filesystems-compat8_ja.jar:/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/platform/core/locale/org-openide-filesystems_ja.jar:/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/platform/core/locale/org-netbeans-libs-asm_zh_CN.jar:/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/platform/core/locale/core_pt_BR.jar:/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/jmonkeyplatform/core/locale/core_jmonkeyplatform.jar

INFO [org.netbeans.modules.netbinox]: Install area set to file:/home/username/jmonkeyplatform/
WARNING [org.netbeans.core.modules]: the modules [org.netbeans.modules.java.editor.lib, org.netbeans.modules.xml.text] use org.netbeans.modules.editor.deprecated.pre65formatting which is deprecated.
WARNING [org.netbeans.core.modules]: the modules [org.netbeans.modules.ide.kit, org.netbeans.modules.xml.text] use org.netbeans.modules.editor.structure which is deprecated.
WARNING [org.netbeans.core.modules]: the modules [com.jme3.gde.codecheck, org.netbeans.modules.java.hints] use org.netbeans.modules.java.hints.legacy.spi which is deprecated: Use Java Hints SPI (org.netbeans.spi.java.hints) instead.
WARNING [org.openide.filesystems.Ordering]: Not all children in Services/MIMEResolver/ marked with the position attribute: [com-jme3-gde-blender-filetypes-BlenderFbxDataObject-Extension.xml, com-jme3-gde-ogretools-OgreBinaryMeshDataObject-Extension.xml, com-jme3-gde-shadernodedefinition-SNDefDataObject-Extension.xml, com-jme3-gde-wavefront-WaveFrontMaterialDataObject-Extension.xml, com-jme3-gde-materials-JMEMaterialDataObject-Extension.xml, com-jme3-gde-materialdefinition-MatDefDataObject-Extension.xml, com-jme3-gde-blender-BlenderDataObject-Extension.xml, com-jme3-gde-blender-filetypes-BlenderDaeDataObject-Extension.xml, com-jme3-gde-textureeditor-JmeTextureDataObject-Extension.xml, com-jme3-gde-core-assets-FilterDataObject-Extension.xml, com-jme3-gde-ogrexml-OgreMaterialDataObject-Extension.xml, com-jme3-gde-gui-NiftyGuiDataObject-Registration.xml, com-jme3-gde-ogrexml-OgreXMLSkeletonDataObject-Namespace.xml, com-jme3-gde-wavefront-WaveFrontOBJDataObject-Extension.xml, com-jme3-gde-core-assets-BinaryModelFileLoader-Extension.xml, com-jme3-gde-ogrexml-OgreSceneDataObject-Namespace.xml, com-jme3-gde-blender-filetypes-Blender3dsDataObject-Extension.xml, com-jme3-gde-ogrexml-OgreXMLDataObject-Namespace.xml], but some are: [org-openide-loaders-DataLoaderPool$InstanceLoaderSystem-Extension.xml, org-netbeans-core-startup-layers-SystemFileSystem-Extension.xml, org-netbeans-modules-java-JavaDataObject-Extension.xml, org-netbeans-modules-java-ClassDataObject-Extension.xml, org-netbeans-modules-image-ImageDataObject-serialVersionUID-Extension.xml, org-netbeans-modules-image-ImageDataObject-IMAGE_ICON_BASE-Extension.xml, org-netbeans-modules-image-ImageDataObject-openSupport-Extension.xml, org-netbeans-modules-image-ImageDataObject-printSupport-Extension.xml, org-netbeans-modules-properties-PropertiesDataObject-Extension.xml, org-netbeans-modules-javascript2-editor-JsonLanguage-createMultiViewEditorElement-Registration.xml, org-netbeans-modules-languages-manifest-MfDataObject-Extension.xml, org-netbeans-core-ide-ServiceTabProcessor-Extension.xml, org-netbeans-modules-testng-ui-wizards-TestNGSuiteDataObject-Registration.xml, org-netbeans-modules-css-editor-CssProjectSupport-Extension.xml, org-netbeans-modules-languages-diff-DiffDataObject-Extension.xml, org-netbeans-modules-javascript2-editor-JsLanguage-createMultiViewEditorElement-Extension.xml, org-netbeans-modules-javascript2-jade-editor-JadeLanguage-createMultiViewEditorElement-Extension.xml, org-netbeans-modules-javascript2-editor-JsonLanguage-createMultiViewEditorElement-Extension.xml, org-netbeans-modules-javawebstart-JnlpDataObject-Extension.xml, org-netbeans-modules-languages-yaml-YamlLanguage-Extension.xml, org-netbeans-modules-html-HtmlDataObject-Registration.xml, org-apache-tools-ant-module-loader-AntProjectDataObject-Registration.xml, org-netbeans-modules-editor-settings-storage-SettingsProvider-Registration.xml, org-netbeans-modules-url-URLDataObject-Extension.xml, org-netbeans-modules-pdf-PDFDataObject-Extension.xml, org-netbeans-modules-xsl-XSLDataObject-Namespace.xml, org-netbeans-modules-java-jarloader-JarDataObject-Registration.xml, org-netbeans-modules-xml-jaxb-JAXBWizard-Extension.xml, org-netbeans-lib-editor-codetemplates-storage-CodeTemplatesStorage-Namespace.xml, org-netbeans-modules-editor-macros-storage-MacrosStorage-Namespace.xml, org-netbeans-modules-css-prep-editor-less-LessCslLanguage-Extension.xml, org-netbeans-modules-css-prep-editor-scss-ScssCslLanguage-Extension.xml, org-netbeans-modules-java-hints-declarative-HintDataObject-Extension.xml, org-netbeans-modules-xml-XMLDataObject-MIME_PLAIN_XML-Registration.xml, org-netbeans-modules-xml-DTDDataObject-Extension.xml, org-netbeans-modules-xml-EntityDataObject-Extension.xml, org-netbeans-modules-xml-XMLDataObject-MIME_XSD_XML-Registration.xml, org-netbeans-libs-freemarker-FreemarkerFactory-Registration.xml, org-netbeans-modules-xml-XMLDataObject-Registration.xml, org-netbeans-modules-java-hints-declarative-test-DeclarativeHintsTestDataObject-Extension.xml]
WARNING [org.openide.filesystems.Ordering]: Not all children in Services/MIMEResolver/ marked with the position attribute: [com-jme3-gde-blender-BlenderDataObject-Extension.xml, com-jme3-gde-blender-filetypes-Blender3dsDataObject-Extension.xml, com-jme3-gde-blender-filetypes-BlenderDaeDataObject-Extension.xml, com-jme3-gde-blender-filetypes-BlenderFbxDataObject-Extension.xml, com-jme3-gde-core-assets-BinaryModelFileLoader-Extension.xml, com-jme3-gde-core-assets-FilterDataObject-Extension.xml, com-jme3-gde-gui-NiftyGuiDataObject-Registration.xml, com-jme3-gde-materialdefinition-MatDefDataObject-Extension.xml, com-jme3-gde-materials-JMEMaterialDataObject-Extension.xml, com-jme3-gde-ogretools-OgreBinaryMeshDataObject-Extension.xml, com-jme3-gde-ogrexml-OgreMaterialDataObject-Extension.xml, com-jme3-gde-ogrexml-OgreSceneDataObject-Namespace.xml, com-jme3-gde-ogrexml-OgreXMLDataObject-Namespace.xml, com-jme3-gde-ogrexml-OgreXMLSkeletonDataObject-Namespace.xml, com-jme3-gde-shadernodedefinition-SNDefDataObject-Extension.xml, com-jme3-gde-textureeditor-JmeTextureDataObject-Extension.xml, com-jme3-gde-wavefront-WaveFrontMaterialDataObject-Extension.xml, com-jme3-gde-wavefront-WaveFrontOBJDataObject-Extension.xml], but some are: [org-openide-loaders-DataLoaderPool$InstanceLoaderSystem-Extension.xml, org-netbeans-core-startup-layers-SystemFileSystem-Extension.xml, org-netbeans-modules-java-JavaDataObject-Extension.xml, org-netbeans-modules-java-ClassDataObject-Extension.xml, org-netbeans-modules-image-ImageDataObject-serialVersionUID-Extension.xml, org-netbeans-modules-image-ImageDataObject-IMAGE_ICON_BASE-Extension.xml, org-netbeans-modules-image-ImageDataObject-openSupport-Extension.xml, org-netbeans-modules-image-ImageDataObject-printSupport-Extension.xml, org-netbeans-modules-properties-PropertiesDataObject-Extension.xml, org-netbeans-modules-javascript2-editor-JsonLanguage-createMultiViewEditorElement-Registration.xml, org-netbeans-modules-languages-manifest-MfDataObject-Extension.xml, org-netbeans-core-ide-ServiceTabProcessor-Extension.xml, org-netbeans-modules-testng-ui-wizards-TestNGSuiteDataObject-Registration.xml, org-netbeans-modules-css-editor-CssProjectSupport-Extension.xml, org-netbeans-modules-languages-diff-DiffDataObject-Extension.xml, org-netbeans-modules-javascript2-editor-JsLanguage-createMultiViewEditorElement-Extension.xml, org-netbeans-modules-javascript2-jade-editor-JadeLanguage-createMultiViewEditorElement-Extension.xml, org-netbeans-modules-javascript2-editor-JsonLanguage-createMultiViewEditorElement-Extension.xml, org-netbeans-modules-javawebstart-JnlpDataObject-Extension.xml, org-netbeans-modules-languages-yaml-YamlLanguage-Extension.xml, org-netbeans-modules-html-HtmlDataObject-Registration.xml, org-apache-tools-ant-module-loader-AntProjectDataObject-Registration.xml, org-netbeans-modules-editor-settings-storage-SettingsProvider-Registration.xml, org-netbeans-modules-url-URLDataObject-Extension.xml, org-netbeans-modules-pdf-PDFDataObject-Extension.xml, org-netbeans-modules-xsl-XSLDataObject-Namespace.xml, org-netbeans-modules-java-jarloader-JarDataObject-Registration.xml, org-netbeans-modules-xml-jaxb-JAXBWizard-Extension.xml, org-netbeans-lib-editor-codetemplates-storage-CodeTemplatesStorage-Namespace.xml, org-netbeans-modules-editor-macros-storage-MacrosStorage-Namespace.xml, org-netbeans-modules-css-prep-editor-less-LessCslLanguage-Extension.xml, org-netbeans-modules-css-prep-editor-scss-ScssCslLanguage-Extension.xml, org-netbeans-modules-java-hints-declarative-HintDataObject-Extension.xml, org-netbeans-modules-xml-XMLDataObject-MIME_PLAIN_XML-Registration.xml, org-netbeans-modules-xml-DTDDataObject-Extension.xml, org-netbeans-modules-xml-EntityDataObject-Extension.xml, org-netbeans-modules-xml-XMLDataObject-MIME_XSD_XML-Registration.xml, org-netbeans-libs-freemarker-FreemarkerFactory-Registration.xml, org-netbeans-modules-xml-XMLDataObject-Registration.xml, org-netbeans-modules-java-hints-declarative-test-DeclarativeHintsTestDataObject-Extension.xml]
WARNING [org.netbeans.modules.autoupdate.ui.actions.AutoupdateSettings]: The property “netbeans.default_userdir_root” was not set!
WARNING [null]: Last record repeated again.

But could you see any Window behind the splash screen? Did you try to somehow grab it?
What OS do you actually run? (lsb_release -a) and additionally what Desktop Manager?

Also that .sh file is only to install the SDK, which already happened, which is why it failes in your attempt.
Try to execute /home/username/jmonkeyplatform/bin/jmonkeyplatform

Because the log you posted doesn’t contain any Errors (only warnings), it seems it’s definately that: There’s a window hidden behind your SplashScreen

there was no messages on terminal.
but i run successfully now.
i think that default workspace dialog is behind of splash window.
when splash window is apeared, i jusj press enter key.
ide is running well.

it seems need to fix.

thank you for all

Ah then it’s because the messages are in the log, but good that you’ve found a workaround now since we’re clueless about how to fix this :stuck_out_tongue:
We’ll have to see if this comes from netbeans.

Enjoy it :slight_smile:

:slight_smile: i’ll enjoy it

i tried to move by keyboard shortcut :slight_smile:

why don’t you message on splash window “press enter key, if StartingModules is infinite.”