How can I translate wiki into Chinese? Now is the Video problem

Hi all.

My friends want to learn jME but they don’t understand English very muchm, so I think it’s good to translate wiki into Chinese. If I did some translation how can I contribute it?

Regards, yan.

Hi,

i think one possibility would be, to just add a site named like the original one (but in chinese) and link both sites to each other.

I once tried to translate the wiki to Chinese, though I can’t quite vouch for the accuracy of the translation (and I only managed to translate a few of the basic tutorials), since it was made a while back, and my Chinese was not particularly good.

http://wiki.jmonkeyengine.org/doku.php/jme3:beginner:hello_simpleapplication_zh

If you log into the wiki from that page (via tools on the right), you can edit the page (also via tools on the right).

3 Likes

I would like to translate to Portuguese also, but I can’t login on wiki. Since I use GH credentials, it keeps blaming wrong password.

Edit:

I was able to enter on Wiki page after reseting my password and not using GH anymore.

Thank you, I know how to do it now.

I have translate one page here, and more coming soon. :grinning:
http://wiki.jmonkeyengine.org/doku.php/documentation_zh

I have count that there are 136 pages need to be translate. That’s OK, I will make a plan for them.

The problem is there are still 18 videos on youtube.com, which we can hardly reach them from China (thanks to GFW). I’m planning copy the videos and upload them to youku.com (a Chinese video site like youtube). And make subtitles for them one day, maybe.

May I have your premission to copy the video and upload them to another site? And where can I download those videos?

Oh I make something wrong. The last one has 9 videos. It’s 26 videos in total.

The math for dummies / scenegraph for dummies and transparency for dummies would (in a perfect world) be translated too. Soo many common questions are answered there, and they are such a great starting point (well transparency is maybe more advanced material).

You’ve got a lot of work ahead of you, good luck! :smiley: I highly recommend you focus on the Beginner series first. Keep us updated!

[quote=“loopies, post:9, topic:34553”]
The math for dummies / scenegraph for dummies and transparency for dummies would (in a perfect world) be translated too. Soo many common questions are answered there, and they are such a great starting point
[/quote]Agreed! It’s a fantastic resource. It really ought to be moved over to an open platform that would better facilitate things like translations and future maintenance. I think I’m gonna try migrate it to GitBook (it’s just a collection of Markdown files that can be synced with GitHub).

@normen is there a way to export the presentations? Not a dealbreaker either way, since they’re not text-heavy.

2 Likes

I can export them to PDF, HTML (which is whats on the web atm), Powerpoint or single images, originally they’re done in Keynote.

An HTML export would be great!

But that is what is on the web server right now…?