How many musicians are here?

@pspeed said:
Well, while we're sharing... here is my facebook profile pic with my little girl. This is from a vacation at least 3 years ago but I can't bring myself to change it. :)

Need to find something more current.

These are awesome! Looooooooove kids. Especially the chewy ones!
@pspeed said:
Sorry... more recent ones. And not fair to leave the boy out. :)

Soooo... you all drink Coke-a-cola, I take it? :) Looks like my house... except the cases are the wrong color and don't say sprite on them. If you take a close look at the bottom of the pic I posted, you'll see the evidence >.<

@pspeed is it possible to ever go through all that Pepsi?

Seriously. That is awesome. :slight_smile:

EDIT: Just as I posted that, I got an email informing me that @t0neg0d mentioned the cola too… 8)

@sbook said:

Seriously. That is awesome. :)

Bah... that's not Pepsi. It's Coke disguised as Pepsi.
@sbook said:

Seriously. That is awesome. :)

EDIT: Just as I posted that, I got an email informing me that @t0neg0d mentioned the cola too.. 8)

I have a fridge up here in my office. I keep it super extra cold. Pepsi doesn't freeze until around 18 degrees F.

I guess I drink 4-6 a day. I'm jut lazy about breaking down the boxes and they make great fortress material. In that pic, the kids had walled off the hall to my office.

I had a job once in the late 80s (I was in high school) that had subsidized $0.25 cokes. I would still walk downstairs to the deli to buy a pepsi for $0.75. My wife drinks coke zero. I'm still not sure what planet she's from. ;)

Edit: P.S. That picture of my little girl with the yellow head band has to be one of my favorite pictures ever. It makes me smile every time.
@t0neg0d said:
These are awesome! Looooooooove kids. Especially the chewy ones!

You feed them to the snake right?
@t0neg0d said:
I think my baby girl might have an issue if it were my fingers :)

(Another one of my odd hobbies)

You look good in that picture!!
What became of those humans you are entangling?
hhuhuhuhuhuhuhuh :evil:
@nehon said:

Haha :D
@nehon said:

hahahahahaha
@zarch said:
You feed them to the snake right?

Once I'm full... but ONLY then.

played guitar and drums

crazy train cover

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utmU9HOKxn0

orignal composition

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDJ4RV6yCGY&feature=relmfu

requital

O! Great topic :slight_smile: I’m playing on guitar in the band. I’m not an expert (I would say that I’m not even good guitarist) cause I don’t have more time to play. But for few years we have a band, we creating our songs, also play some covers. Actually we are playing concerts where we can and we thinking about CD (but it’s not so simple, we need money to do this). We played concert yesterday so now I have hum in my ears :smiley:

We are playing doom/thrash metal music. So, if you wanna you can hear us for example on myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/schaderian

And here is our facebook profile:

Schaderian - Accueil | Facebook

Enjoy! :slight_smile:

@caro said:
O! Great topic :) I'm playing on guitar in the band. I'm not an expert (I would say that I'm not even good guitarist) cause I don't have more time to play. But for few years we have a band, we creating our songs, also play some covers. Actually we are playing concerts where we can and we thinking about CD (but it's not so simple, we need money to do this). We played concert yesterday so now I have hum in my ears :D
We are playing doom/thrash metal music. So, if you wanna you can hear us for example on myspace:
http://www.myspace.com/schaderian
And here is our facebook profile:
https://www.facebook.com/Schaderian
Enjoy! :)

When I was playing out a lot, I wished I'd though of ear plugs sooner. Lost hearing never comes back. I'm lucky to still have most of mine given how late I discovered that. :)

Yes, when we’re practising I’m using something like that, but on the gigs this killing show :smiley: (but maybe I will start to use it on concert too).

@pspeed said:
When I was playing out a lot, I wished I'd though of ear plugs sooner. Lost hearing never comes back. I'm lucky to still have most of mine given how late I discovered that. :)

I wasn't so lucky... hearing loss in lower frequency bands. And it didn't help much with Tinnitus. :(

@normen

You mentioned Satch… I found some older recording when I used to play with a floating bridge… these are in those vain (well some are):

Stuff like Satriani:

Orion’s Belt

Can’t remember the name of this one

More Greg Howe-ish:

Sundowner’s Shuffle

That’s Gonna Hurt

Sorta Extreme-ish:

Off the Deep End

If you have any love for Racer X… you’ll dig these:

Of Angels and Demons

Puddles of Diminished Goo

And the other (white meat) track I recorded while demoing the AxeFX:

AxeFX Demo 2

1 Like

Whoa, nice. Only had a short listen but I’m gonna check those out in the car. This is indeed a pretty good spectrum of guitar stuff I like, well played (pun intended) ^^ Darn, I gotta play more myself :wink: Respect, the only thing I’d have to criticize is that a) you need way less distortion/od than you use imo and b) I hear that a guitarist mixed those :wink:

@t0neg0d said:
If you have any love for Racer X... you'll dig these:

Random aside: I cannot see "Racer X" without instantly thinking of a voice over: "Who is really Speed Racer's brother in disguise."

Other random aside: Growing up with the last name of "Speed", I got a lot of "Hey, Speed Racer!" Since I have a younger brother, I started responding "No, I'm Racer X. Speed Racer is my brother."

True story.
@normen said:
Whoa, nice. Only had a short listen but I'm gonna check those out in the car. This is indeed a pretty good spectrum of guitar stuff I like, well played (pun intended) ^^ Darn, I gotta play more myself ;) Respect, the only thing I'd have to criticize is that a) you need way less distortion/od than you use imo and b) I hear that a guitarist mixed those ;)

All but the last track are about... oh... 12-14 yrs old lol. They were recorded at someone else's place and the raw tracking was just GHASTLY. He used a AKG C1000-s for close cabinet mic'ing (you get whatcha pay for) To get any sorta separation between the rhythm/solos, they used a phaser to invert the rhythm tracks 180 degrees out of phase. It was a mess... but free and I had no where else to record at the time. I recorded all the drums on an old maple shell TAMA kit (early 70's... it actually sounded great in the room). The bass tracks were a DI'd Kubicki bass (which I despise the sound of.. sorry... glue is not a tone wood hahahaha... cool concept to remove dead spots in theory... but ONLY in theory). I was definitely a gain monster back then, but it sorta fit the style of music.