Hi, I’m working with the terrain splatting and I want to add “biomes” to the terrain.
The idea is:
- I have a terrain, generated with a HeightMap.
- I have a StencilMap for the terrain, for example this:
- I have a “BiomeMap” like this:
- The black biome has 3 textures asociated:
- R: One completely yellow
- G: One orange
- B: One Pink
- The white biome has other 3 textures asociated:
- R: One Purple
- G: One Dark blue
- B: One Light blue
I want the StencilMap choose and paint the texture into the terrain acording to the BiomeMap, resulting something like this:
Do I have to cut the terrain in diferents geometries, one per biome, so each one has the textures of the current biome?
The idea is to have several biomes, more than 4 (with 3 textures per biome there will be more than the 12 textures admitted by the actual Texture Splatting).