So I have successfully converted a multi file animated FBX file to Blender the process is a little insensitive but it works.
YouTube jMonkeyEngine3 Android FBX Animation Test
You can skip this step for the main FBX but I would advise it for all animation FBX files.
Step 1 - Convert all models to FBX 2013 format
- Open the “Autodesk FBX® 2013.3 Converter”
- Chose “add FBX Converter” if it is not already open"
- On the left side of the “FBX Converter” window under “Source files”
- Click the “Add…” button, this will allow you to browse to your source FBX files
- Select base model and all animation models
- On the right side of the “FBX Converter” window under “Destination files”
- Click the “Change destination folder…” button, this will allow you to browse and select a location for the new FBX files
- Select a new location for your files
- Now click the “Destination format” drop down menu and select the FBX 2013 list item
- Finally click the “Convert” button in the lower right hand corner of the “FBX Converter” window
Look at that a bunch of new files that look exactly the same as the old ones!
While doing this next step refrain from adjusting anything untill after step 3.
Step 2 - Convert all models to Blender
- You should have the Autodesk_FBX plugin installed already if not do that now
- Create a new scene this is very important do
- Clear everything from your main scene [Ctrl+A] then [Ctrl+X]
- From the File menu select the Import menu and chose FBX
- Browse to the location of your new FBX files and select one and click import
- Save your blender scene
- Repeat the process until all your models are in blender format
You feel that feeling of accomplishment? YAH go ahead and test each animation in blender. I know I did!
Step 3 - Merge animations into one file
- Open the main mesh in blender
- Switch to animation view
- On the Dope Sheet change the mode to Action Editor
- From the file menu select Append
- Browse to the animation blender file you created
- Chose Action and select the action you wish to append
- Rename the action and and do it again for all actions
More to come I still need to find out how to convert this to Ogre