How to disable the Statistics for a SimpleApplication

Hello!

I extended the SimpleApplication class and want to create a simple editor.

In the howto’s stand that I can disable the Statistics via

setDisplayFps(false);

setDisplayStatView(false);

but this functions don’t exist!

I want to type it in the function simpleInitApp().

Hope you can help!

Thanks!

regards

René

they exist for me. Try type “this.” and see if they appear. You can also try guiNode.detachAllChildren();

detachAllChildren() works. But if I type “this.” they don’t appear. What could this be?

It’s probably because you are not running a recent version. Stock alpha 4 is pretty ancient by internet standards at this point.

pspeed said:
It's probably because you are not running a recent version. Stock alpha 4 is pretty ancient by internet standards at this point.

Not sure if it's that, I think I have 'stock' alpha 4 and this.setDisplayFps autocompletes fine for me--in Eclipse. Of course I realize if that's not the issue, dunno what else could be wrong, unless the method is actually there and his autocompletion just isn't working correctly. Or, doubt this is the case but, did you make the method static or something?

Well, maybe autocomplete is just failing. I generally don’t use it so I don’t know what could be wrong there.

I think at least one of those methods was added after alpha 4 was released but I haven’t looked in SVN to verify.